ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Road case for longer truss?  (Read 3450 times)

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
Road case for longer truss?
« on: November 14, 2016, 10:36:00 AM »

Hoping someone might have a suggestion for a reasonably affordable road case/trunk for some lighting trusses?

I've got several Global Truss 8-footers that I hang while transporting without any problems.

But, I've also got some T-bar assemblies that I leave wired and assembled while transporting, and I'd love to get them into some protective cases. The problem? The bars measure 58" end-to-end with 9x10 PARS installed. I can't find a case with that type of length.

Looks like the EWI Trunk that audiopile.net offers measures just over 45" interior length.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
Re: Road case for longer truss?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 11:05:59 AM »

Do they need to be in a trunk? I would go in the direction of some type of 'meat rack' which is a more common method of transporting lighting bars. Plenty of companies make them, or any competent local welder can make you some.

Search for "Lighting Meat Rack" in Google images for many useful examples.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 11:17:45 AM »

I keep 2 t bars in an audiopile ewi keyboard case

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 04:49:52 PM »

I'm sure that Road Cases USA can make something for you.  It might not be that cheap though, especially if you want a quality case from them.  I prefer EWI's cases much better, but for custom work I've had cost effective results from RC USA.  They also sell a wide range of products that might work (but know exactly what you need before buying to avoid disappointment).  I agree with Milt though - you're probably much better off building a meat rack of sorts.  If it doesn't need to be glamorous or hold a ton of weight some 2x4s and plywood can get the job done.  For heavier-duty applications I'm a fan of using 80/20 to build what I need. 

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 10:41:50 PM »

Gotta' love Craigslist... about 30 minutes after I posted this question, I found a local guy who was selling two *massive* AAS road trunks for $150 each. One was 6'x4'x5' and the other was 8'x6'x5', both with 5" locking casters. Smaller one has seen better days but wasn't bowed or damaged; the bigger one was like brand new.

I scored the smaller one for a bit of a deal and am now rehabbing it. Thinking I'll be able to fit all of my trusses along with some plastic cases in it and save room in the trailer. :-)

Thank you guys for the suggestions! And re: the EWI keyboard case - I saw that, but my assembled t-bars are still a bit too large for them. Rats!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 10:41:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.