ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: THX and Eighth Day Sound  (Read 9316 times)

Hyam Sosnow

Re: THX and Eighth Day Sound
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 05:41:49 PM »

You are correct in that the "center" effect was a bit underwhelming as it only played the "stereo effect" in the center.
It was the thing-of-the-day...

Here is another take on it.  http://kimdara.com/speakers/

I ended up taking L/R from the RCA outs and, using two 27k resistors, and developed a mono signal for the true "Center"..  Of course I had to buy another DC-150 to power that.

Mea Culpa: Maybe this (develop mono signal) is was what was suggested in "Dope from Hope" - I have to find that binder - it was quite some time ago.

1st the hair, then the... what was that again?

-Dennis

Yes, this is the method Klipsch published. I built one with a volume control and used it to feed a mono amp running a Klipsch Cornwall center channel (I had a pair of Klipschorns for L/R). The volume control allowed me to adjust the center channel volume to achieve a seamless corner-to-corner sonic image with just about any recording (some produced better results than others). As long as the room had corners for the K-horns the results were extremely impressive.

I eventually moved into a home without natural corners in which the K-horns sounded pretty bad, so I went full-on Klipsch THX home theater and sold the K-horns (used the Cornwall as the theater subwoofer for a while).

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: THX and Eighth Day Sound
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 05:41:49 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.