ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for rack mountable digital console  (Read 4844 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Suggestions for rack mountable digital console
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 09:59:27 PM »

I've heard that using a digital snake with the QU16 is quite difficult, though haven't tried the snake myself with it. Needless to say, it's not perfect, every console has it's pros & cons; I definitely recommend getting your hands on them before purchasing.

Not sure who you heard that from, but it is actually quite easy.
Plug the dSNAKE into the console and select the inputs/outputs from the routing page.
That's it.

+1... easiest thing in the world - never had a problem with either my QU16 or my QU Pac connected to my D snake.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Derek Neu

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 02:54:19 AM »

I have a performer 1.  I was looking at the x32 producer and m32r as well.  The x32 lacks scribble strips.  For multi band shows with quick changeovers, digital scribbles were a necessity, so that one was out.  I liked everything about the m32r except for the high back.  In use its nice, but with the racks I like and use, It just took up too much space. 

I love the performer 1.  The dmx control is limited, but works fine for simple stuff.  The software support from soundcraft is pretty lacking though and I sincerely hope they put more resources into it.  It is not buggy or anything, but they just don't increase board features and wireless capability like midas/behringer does.  From a hardware, user interface and sound quality side, in my opinion the performer wins.

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 05:11:35 PM »

Yamaha QL1? You already have 16:8 local IO, and can still add 32:32 more thru Dante via Cat5.

Sent from my Xylophone using Tapatalk...

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Mal Brown

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 08:12:20 PM »

I recently moved up from a. sL 16.4.2 to an SI Expression 3.  There is no comparison...  I wish the remote app was a little better but the board itself sounds amazing.  The pre amps ar sweeter, the compression / gate / effects are blow the SL out of the water...   A friend listened to the board, he's been a committed analog guy...  Turned around and bought the SI 1 as his personal mixer...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 05:50:57 PM »

...but the board itself sounds amazing.

One more vote from a Soundcraft fan.  My (rack mounted) Expression 1 sounds great.

@Tamar - Note that if you need ever more than 16 channels, you can just add a mini stage box.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 05:50:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.