ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for delivery rental biz  (Read 3608 times)

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Re: Suggestions for delivery rental biz
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 01:57:24 PM »

I would stay with the JBL rig for your 100+ shows. You could pick up a pair of RCF EVOX8 or 12 or a small pair of 8 or 10 inch tops with a pair of EV ZXa1 subs for your community IPod rentals. I get a lot of small party rental use out of the EV baby subs from DJs with small cars.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 09:43:09 PM »

1.Major brand with 12" driver, add a sub or 2 for those 200-300ppl events. These boxes can also be used as floor monitors with the JBL 8XX rig.
1a Depends on the volume you expect to handle, but you could make a single guy really busy pretty quickly with only 3 or 4 systems.
2. The night of for me with very few exceptions, most banquet halls are setting up for the next days event as soon as the current one ends so they want everything out asap.
4.It's gonna be specific to who you target, joe public will only rent the cheapest package you have but wedding DJs could completely support your business if you can get yourself in a position to be their sole provider.
5. Include a small mixer(Profx8) in the package with a USB or 3ft RCA-1/8" cable.
7. By the mile.
8. Prepaid.
9. If you have the volume it can be convenient, but all my regular customers just e-transfer balances now the day of or as I'm doing the setup so you don't have to swallow CC charges if you don't want to.
12. It helps but believe it or not won't completely stop those annoying price shopper calls/emails, there are still a lot of people that can't navigate a simple website.

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 05:08:09 PM »

While we are primarily a production house we do make a decent amount of money on dry and cross rentals. My target is actually to make enough in dry rentals each week to cover my warehouse guy (who does WAY more than rentals, show prep, etc). Rentals are a great supplement though I don't push them hard. Dry rental also has become more and more busy as we do more production in the community. People see we have gear but don't always have $500-1000 for production budget, so they come drop $100-250 and DIY. It's a win for all.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 05:08:09 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.