ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Show us your Mic case ?  (Read 12210 times)

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
Re: Show us your Mic case ?
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 09:38:48 AM »

Wow!  DS-35s.  I haven't seen any of those in the wild in literally decades.

GTD
Yeah I like 'em! They sound pretty natural on everything I've tried them on, from vocals to drum OH. I don't pull them out for vocals often though, because I don't feel like defending them to the person giving me the "what is this crap?" look.

Eric Wiebe

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 10:27:49 AM »

I've got a Pelican 1650 with custom inserts. Not just a mic case, as I've got a couple short boom stands, small drum snake, and other misc stuff. If I did it again I would probably do two smaller cases, as this one gets pretty heavy with everything in there.

Stan Shields

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 10:49:47 AM »

Yeah I like 'em! They sound pretty natural on everything I've tried them on, from vocals to drum OH. I don't pull them out for vocals often though, because I don't feel like defending them to the person giving me the "what is this crap?" look.
I remember when these were introduced ;-)
They may have been the first mic marketed as a tool to get stage monitors louder, I still have the metal boxes they came in, use them for drill bits :-)

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 02:39:48 PM »

My larger mic case.  An old R&R Cases briefcase in nice shape found at a garage sale a few blocks from home five years ago or so.  I tore out the foam and refitted it.  Mic selection has expanded(of course!), and my other mic case is an old twelve hole SKB molded case.

Best regards,

John

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 04:21:47 PM »

My Mic boxes.
Separated by type.
Inside the Instrument mic box.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Hanno Meingast

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 05:13:11 PM »

Pelican 1550

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.    Hanno

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 07:59:13 PM »

My mic collection has morphed into 3 or more kits that can be used for different shows, hopefully without any re-packing at the warehouse.  The No. 1 (note the resistor colour coding) kit is used for larger bands with horns, the No. 2 for acts that don't have a drum kit and No. 3 for typical guitar-based rock bands.  The fourth kit is condensers only (2x C414, 4x C460, a PCC-160 and Rode shotgun*) that is used for choir or recording gigs and to augment the others when needed.

I started off keeping the mics in bags, but decided that I was taking too much time at setup figuring out exactly which mics were in which bags.  The foam filled briefcase displays everything at once, the clips can stay on the mics (unlike the SKB-style mic boxes), and it's easy to see that you're not missing anything at the end of the night.  When I did a lot of club gigs and only struck mics at the end of the night, it was also a lot faster than putting them in bags.

*That's as close as I'm coming to packing on a gig. :-)

GTD

Mike Smith

• Event Technical Systems
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 09:21:39 PM »

I remember when these were introduced ;-)
They may have been the first mic marketed as a tool to get stage monitors louder, I still have the metal boxes they came in, use them for drill bits :-)

Back in the late 70s and early 80s when there weren't a lot of mic options, I used the DS-35's non-silver PL95 version for frontline vocals. Their gain before feedback was a big improvement compared to what an SM58 could manage, and the EV's frequency response was smoother and less muddy. Nice high end extension for a dynamic -- used them for hi hat long after moving on from vocal applications. Lead singers didn't know what to do with the super-skinny mic body. A PL-95's trademark gray paint would flake off until the steel turned brown with rust. EV was generous about replacing bad capsules and grilles but I can't remember now if they ever replaced the rusty bodies as well!
Mike Smith

Event Technical Systems

http://www.eventtechnicalsystems.com/

Omar Cadena

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 08:26:41 PM »

I use a Plano assault rifle case, about $69. A little smaller than a Fender guitar case. So easy to find what your looking for since everything is on the same level...
Here's my Mic Case--a Homie-Ds Stanley Fat Max tool box with added foam. It's got wheels, a handle and it packs well in the trailer.  I have my mics, clips, parts, and mic cables in it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 08:33:37 PM by Omar Cadena »

John L Nobile

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 12:33:31 PM »

I need to make a good custom mic case. What do you guys use to cut those nice, neat different size holes in the foam?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 12:33:31 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 25 queries.