ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Directional antennas for *finding* interfering sources?  (Read 9259 times)

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
Re: Directional antennas for *finding* interfering sources?
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 05:36:56 PM »

Yep. Of those I have plenty now... my spectrum analyzer being the RF Explorer.

I found I gave a lot of them away before to colleagues who bought RFEs or RTL-SDRs, so when I needed a stock refill just went double-digit.

Sent from my Xylophone using Tapatalk...

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 05:37:53 PM »

The other thing about searching for interfering signals - if you aren't allowed to turn them off there is no point in physically finding them.  See them on the spectrum analyser, avoid them.
I may be a bit spoiled on this issue; I'm an NFL GDC. :-D Also, I make it a point when negotiating my terms with a client that if I'm to be held responsible for RF frequencies, then I must have their full backing and authority to the extent of the law to shut down uncoordinated operations. I never abuse this privilege and always work to keep the RF peace.

That said, it's almost always prudent to find a new clean frequency immediately for the party being stepped on, and hunt down the offender later.

Regarding the law, one of the few perks of having a Part 74 license is knowing that Part 15 users are tertiary and must immediately cease operation when notified that their equipment is causing interference to licensed primary and secondary operators.

Sent from my mobile phone. Please excuse the inevitable spelling and grammatical errors.

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 05:58:47 PM »

Regarding the law...

Or not regarding it at all.

In the show I am setting up today, I built a custom profile in WWB for a Wisycom transmitter called CRT36 that the OB crew brought in to do IEMs.

When fired up, both CRT36 units totally slammed a Sennheiser 100 (with whip) that was close by, on a clear DVB channel. That's a tottaly unlicensed 2W system!!!

Had to run an XLR for the ew100 system to be on the opposite side of the stage.

Senn 500 and Shure UHF series had no serious desending (and had remote antennas), so we kept them SL.

Again, so is life in Europe. (Spain at least...)

Sent from my Xylophone using Tapatalk...

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 05:58:47 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.