ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DB Technologies new Vio line array  (Read 7980 times)

Uniz Kazz

DB Technologies new Vio line array
« on: October 31, 2016, 01:23:52 PM »

So I'm in Dubai for the day attending the prolight and audio convention and DB Tech had their new line array on display outdoors. They're dual 10", had 6 a side and 4 of their 3x18 subs centred double stacked in end fire config. I'm a point source over LA guy, but man did these sound good.

It is by far the best LA they've created, way better then the T series (which are pretty decent themselves). I was about 20m back and just 6 a side had a ton of output and sounded really really good, very even and dynamic. No external processing, was literally playing through a laptop on iTunes. If you're in the market for a new line array system but don't want to spend l acoustic money, I would really consider giving these a listen. I'm not as I have my Danley rig, but I would definitely consider these if ever needed an LA rig.

Anyone else heard these? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Chiara

Re: DB Technologies new Vio line array
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 05:18:37 PM »

I just met with a dealer friend today and he was touting the small units..6"....and said the staff was amazed how good the sounded and held up over distance. They also sell RCF and K-Array.

Uniz Kazz

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 05:28:21 PM »

I just met with a dealer friend today and he was touting the small units..6"....and said the staff was amazed how good the sounded and held up over distance. They also sell RCF and K-Array.
Those I haven't heard. T4 and T8 up until today. The Vio is definitely a step above the T series. In comparison, EV's X-line Advance X2 was also playing, but it was completely unprocessed so it was putting out some harsh mids and hi mids at really loud levels and everyone was cringing and moving away from the area. Once the Vio played after, the floor filled up. I know of one sale made to a Nigerian guy right on the spot after a 15 minute demo, which didn't really surprise me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 05:30:28 PM by Uniz Kazz »

Uniz Kazz

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 05:29:09 PM »

Those I haven't heard. T4 and T8 up until today. The Vio is definitely a step above the T series. In comparison, EV's X-line Advance X2 was also playing, but it was completely unprocessed so it was putting out some harsh mids and hi mids at really loud levels and everyone was cringing and moving away from the area. Once the Vio played after, the floor filled up. I know of one sale made to a Nigerian guy right on the spot after a 15 minute demo, which didn't really surprise me.

thirtha chengappa

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 07:13:22 PM »

[quote author=Uniz Kazz

Good day Uniz,

Many thanks for your feed back on the VIO. Yes on paper, DB seems to have taken the VIO one step further than the DVA series. Your feed back confirms it. The FIR filters and the phase plug, must be hugely responsible for it to sound really Good. Any indication on the price. When I checked last, the VIO 210 was price close to the T12. Now the T12 is a 3 way box, and the weight difference is just 1.3 Kgs. Did you hear the T12 and the T8 too? If yes, how do they compare with the VIO?

Uniz Kazz

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 12:58:56 AM »

[quote author=Uniz Kazz

Good day Uniz,

Many thanks for your feed back on the VIO. Yes on paper, DB seems to have taken the VIO one step further than the DVA series. Your feed back confirms it. The FIR filters and the phase plug, must be hugely responsible for it to sound really Good. Any indication on the price. When I checked last, the VIO 210 was price close to the T12. Now the T12 is a 3 way box, and the weight difference is just 1.3 Kgs. Did you hear the T12 and the T8 too? If yes, how do they compare with the VIO?
For a turnkey system 12 boxes + 4 subs + rigging was about 50k. Sounded better than a T8, haven't heard the T12.

thirtha chengappa

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 01:05:48 AM »

Dirhams or U.S Dollars?

thirtha chengappa

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 01:13:17 AM »

For a turnkey system 12 boxes + 4 subs + rigging was about 50k. Sounded better than a T8, haven't heard the T12.

The last  batch of T12 boxes I got costed me 3620 USD per box. Any import into India attracts a duty of 30 pct on the declared value, + 14.5 % VAT. This is with a 3 year warranty (one year on paper and the other two, a verbal contract.)

The T8 is 2,175 USD per box. 

This might help put things in perspective.

Uniz Kazz

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 01:13:45 AM »

USD, did the conversion for you guys :) . If that price was in dirhams, I'd have picked up right away even though I don't intend on buying an LA system lol

Uniz Kazz

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 01:15:17 AM »

The last  batch of T12 boxes I got costed me 3620 USD per box. Any import into India attracts a duty of 30 pct on the declared value, + 14.5 % VAT. This is with a 3 year warranty (one year on paper and the other two, a verbal contract.)

The T8 is 2,175 USD per box. 

This might help put things in perspective.

It was about 3k per box and 4.5k or so per sub. Didn't get a pricing on the rigging hardware.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 01:15:17 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.