ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Loading One Side Of Lighting Truss  (Read 4444 times)

Bradford "BJ" James

Re: Loading One Side Of Lighting Truss
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 11:39:01 AM »

The cheesboroughs I have use sliding u-brackets and and pins so you can change the center of the load on the lift. I'm still cautious loading the truss evenly though as I don't want the lighter end popping up against the pin.
Not sure how many movers would be a safe load with 20' of truss on ST132's though. Aren't they rated for only around 200lbs?
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 02:04:56 PM »

I've seen lots of truss loaded one one side and even though its unbalanced and leaning, it never seemed to cause a problem.

I always staggered fixtures though just to make it look interesting. Everything in a line is boring.

I also try to put some different Heights in the fixtures as well. If you have 6 movers, stick 2 of them 12-18" further down than the rest. It looks cool.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 02:30:03 PM »

Lots of good info. Thanks

Back in the day we only had Aluminum Par64 cans. You could hang them just about anyway you wanted without weight considerations.
MAGA-Make Audio Great Again

James Feenstra

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2016, 06:19:48 PM »

Back in the day we only had Aluminum Par64 cans. You could hang them just about anyway you wanted without weight considerations.
very incorrect

the van halen brown m+m rider clause came entirely from touring with par cans and was done in respect to hanging weights
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 09:07:57 PM »

very incorrect

the van halen brown m+m rider clause came entirely from touring with par cans and was done in respect to hanging weights

I wasn't quite at van Halen level back then.
MAGA-Make Audio Great Again

Steve Garris

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 08:08:51 PM »

Lots of good info. Thanks

We used to do it with steel cans. Mounted to triangle truss, top, front and rear rails. We would swing some up, others down. It made for more movement, back when no one had movers or scanners. Our show was run via midi, and the drummer played to a click. It was pretty impressive for the day. About 40 lights total, for a bar cover band.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 08:08:51 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.