ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving band to IEMs - a couple questions, please.  (Read 16641 times)

Michael Grimaila

Re: Moving band to IEMs - a couple questions, please.
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2016, 08:27:25 AM »

I'll just add in that there is a difference between a no amp all direct set up and using IEMs on a regular stage with amps and acoustic drums.

I agree with this statement.  We went no amps (guitar+bass+keys) for small gigs (most of what we play < 200) with a real drums.  The guitar player has a Axe-Fx II XL+ guitar processor and the bass player has a bass guitar processor. The biggest problems we had were cymbals bleeding into the vocal mics, getting the drum mix to sound good consistently, and (for smaller rooms) getting the drummer to play softer as to not overwhelm the mix.  Recently, the drummer purchased an electronic set and it solved all of these problems. It also helped reduce our setup time....  The drummer likes playing real drums (as I like playing real piano), but as we get older we don't like carrying around a bunch of heavy gear. IEMs have really helped us out in many ways... once we got used to using them.
Behringer X32 / X32 Rack
Soundcraft Si Expression 3 / Soundcraft Mini Stage Box 32 / Soundcraft MADI USB & Dual CAT5 & Dual Optical MADI cards
6 x Sennheiser EW300 G3 / Sennheiser EW572 G3 / Sennheiser EW365 G3 / Sennheiser EW352 G3
2 x Yamaha DSR115 / 2 x QSC KW 118

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2016, 10:12:46 AM »

The 3 piece we have been running for the past 18 months has no backline but the drummer has acoustic drums ( the kick is a friggin' cannon). However, it has never been a problem in the iems at any venue, any size.  I can tell from the levels I see per each mix that the guitarist and bass player are getting good isolation and all faders are close to zero across the board.
Guitarist uses Fractal direct and the bass is TC Electronic BH550 direct or sometimes even a Sansamp.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2016, 10:12:46 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.