Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > AC Power and Grounding

Electrician Fee

(1/4) > >>

Josh Evangelista:
Hi guys,

How much does an electrician charges if you hire them to tap off the power line of a building for a show?

Mark Cadwallader:
Are you asking about a tap downstream from the meter and the main breaker?  How much power are you talking about?

Josh Evangelista:

--- Quote from: Mark Cadwallader on October 21, 2016, 06:48:52 PM ---Are you asking about a tap downstream from the meter and the main breaker?  How much power are you talking about?

--- End quote ---

Yes. Sorry I have limited knowledge of electrical power so please bear with me. I will need to power a Danley DNA20k4 and two QSC PLD4.5 amps. I presume I can have two-three 20 amp outlets?

Mark Cadwallader:
Yes. The cost is going to vary based on a number of factors:

1. Are there 3 open spaces in the circuit breaker box?  If not, then you will need a sub-panel (or a new main panel). (I assume that the electrical service to the building will support the additional amperage needed.)
2.  Is this a permanent installation, or a one-off event?
3.  How far do you need to go from the circuit breaker panel to the point you need to plug in?  Is there good access to run the wires (and conduit, if needed/required).  If it is temporary you might be able to run suitable cable to a small distro.

YMMV.

Jeff Bankston:
It varies. A service company in Los Angeles will charge $60-$95 an hour with a 1 hour minimum charge and then 15 minute intervals after. The cost for what you want done will depend on whats involved and if any additional parts are used. Without being there I cant say how much. It will be a time and materials job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version