ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clearcom Freespeak II antenna sheilding improves audio.  (Read 15969 times)

Jared King

Re: Clearcom Freespeak II antenna sheilding improves audio.
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2022, 09:29:14 PM »

We tried ceiling antennas in a venue with bad multipath.  Made no difference because now the signal was bouncing off of the floor,  For venues with slight dropped packets the new firmware V1.07 is truly magic.  Even in good venues people talking while moving are jittery... this 1.07 fixes that totally.

The firmware is not officially released.

For fiber remote antennas use a combination of 2 media converters. The antenna connection is not actually only network-it is a combination of network and 422 data. 

Using this kluge of media converters you can remote antennas over fiber..

Another way:
Using FSII-SPL splitters you can use 2 splitters and split the 5 antennas between two locations.  Cat5 to 1st FS-SPL (outputs 1-2-3-4 turned on) and fiber to second FSII-SPL (only output 5 turned on)

Has there been a new devolpment in the last two years on the bad multipathing??? Any work arounds??? Seems like we are running into more and more in arenas now as well not just stadiums. 

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2022, 09:52:11 PM »

Has there been a new devolpment in the last two years on the bad multipathing??? Any work arounds??? Seems like we are running into more and more in arenas now as well not just stadiums.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2022, 09:11:44 PM »

Has there been a new devolpment [sic] in the last two years on the bad multipathing??? Any work arounds??? Seems like we are running into more and more in arenas now as well not just stadiums.

Presuming you're referring to FreeSpeak E1 transceivers (non-IP), the last several iterations of firmwares for the base, transceivers and packs have resulted in a decent reduction of multipath issues. Additionally, any type of metallic shielding on the side of the transceiver facing the ceiling, and aiming the corner of the transceiver where the antenna traces are located (corner opposite the CC logo) downward, helps further.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Scott Helmke

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2022, 11:57:22 AM »

Going higher may help too.  We put in a temporary FS II system in an ice arena last fall, getting bad multipathing with the antenna on a mic stand for initial test.  Putting the antennas up in the catwalks, which are about 2/3 of the height of the roof, worked really well. 

So well, in fact, that the "temporary" system is still in place until Clear-Com gets past all their backorders.

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2022, 05:00:30 AM »

Presuming you're referring to FreeSpeak E1 transceivers (non-IP), the last several iterations of firmwares for the base, transceivers and packs have resulted in a decent reduction of multipath issues. Additionally, any type of metallic shielding on the side of the transceiver facing the ceiling, and aiming the corner of the transceiver where the antenna traces are located (corner opposite the CC logo) downward, helps further.

Hi Henry. I wonder if you mean this way of pointing the corner down? Ur just top down (connectors facing up)?

I'm having multipath issues in the arena I'm at right now (Trade Fair Hall 1 in Valencia, Spain),  so I thought of going back to this thread for counsel...

edit: I've never seemed to understand the 'proper' way of mounting this tranceivers: vertical with connectors up or down? Horizontal with logo up or down? I understand they are supposed to be omni, but even omni antennas have blind spots, right?

Cheers.

Diogo
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 05:07:00 AM by Diogo Nunes Pereira »
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2022, 10:09:47 AM »

edit: I've never seemed to understand the 'proper' way of mounting this tranceivers: vertical with connectors up or down? Horizontal with logo up or down? I understand they are supposed to be omni, but even omni antennas have blind spots, right?

Cheers.

Diogo

ANTENNA IS BASICALLY OMNI...slight dip out connector (bottom) side)  .... use pizza screens and mount 6" above antenna
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Diogo Nunes Pereira

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2022, 05:03:07 AM »

ANTENNA IS BASICALLY OMNI...slight dip out connector (bottom) side)  .... use pizza screens and mount 6" above antenna

Thanks. I've mounted them many ways, but always wondered...

We've stuck Rosco Cinefoil on the ones on stands and it definitely helps.

Cheers
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Diogo Nunes Pereira

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2022, 05:20:13 AM »

Also...

is grouping a couple of transceivers like this a bad idea? I was short on Manfrotto clamps and the XY-bar was available, so I went with it.

This piece of truss is 5m above my comms station backstage. I need some TCVR concentration in this area as there a lot of users roaming around here and it's also where I power most of the packs every morning. I have another 6 transceivers spread around the venue...

Cheers,
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2022, 04:06:48 PM »

Also...

is grouping a couple of transceivers like this a bad idea?
Not necessarily. It’s a little close for my liking (probably just me, lol), but colocating transceivers yields higher capacity vs extended coverage.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2022, 04:06:48 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.