ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker layout topologies  (Read 4761 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Speaker layout topologies
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 08:05:28 pm »

What the OP wanted is called a home run or star configuration. Such an installation, depending on quantity of speakers and building design would be much more costly than the normal tapped line configuration that was installed. Perhaps they did hear you and it was vetoed because of cost? And quite frankly I don't think your way is any more reliable or easier (in the unlikely event) to troubleshoot than what was installed.

-Hal

Agree completely.  Home runs are done for zones, power budget (when the available amplifier power is exhausted) and then the minimum amount of cable, penetrations, boxes etc.  That's basic design criteria.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 10:46:20 am »

OK, I'll grant that this wasn't in the drawings, and that's a bridge that the water has flowed under.  I'm sure there are some not-so-good reasons for them not being; I know the subject was discussed, and there was supposed to be a review before final drawing, which either didn't happen, or didn't get to my level.  This subject is closed; it's a dead end, no good will come of it, etc.

My basic question is standard topologies; are all speakers in one string, thru several rooms, or are individual rooms each a separate chain?  Designer's choice?

If there is only one amplifier in the design, and no zone switcher or other indication that home runs are required then I would expect the contractor to do whatever is most efficient (sometimes speakers get home run due to conduit layout or convenience, but mostly they would be daisy-chained)

Jason

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 10:46:20 am »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.