ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDMI Camera input wont work with Facebook Live/ Skype  (Read 6303 times)

Luke Truckenmiller

HDMI Camera input wont work with Facebook Live/ Skype
« on: November 20, 2016, 01:35:40 PM »

Good Morning,

We have a Canon Vixia HF R60 which has a HDMI output.  Our computer is a custom build, I do not have the specifics on it but can get them if needed.  It has Windows 10 on it and has an HDMI Input.  AVerMedia registers the signal and will show the image/sound from the camera on AVerMedia, however neither Skype or Facebook Live register the camera.  I believe this is an issue with the HDCP encryption maybe?
I hope this is the correct thread to post this under. 

Any Help would be greatly beneficial,

Luke Truckenmiller

Cailen Waddell

Re: HDMI Camera input wont work with Facebook Live/ Skype
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 12:19:00 AM »

Usually FB and skype only recognize USB compliant web cams. So you will need to find a way to make the capture card expose input as a webcam.  If you were on a Mac, I'd recommend some syphon tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 04:42:36 AM »

Usually FB and skype only recognize USB compliant web cams. So you will need to find a way to make the capture card expose input as a webcam.  If you were on a Mac, I'd recommend some syphon tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very interested in this because it has been requested of me to design a quality camera to stream Facebook Live for event promo.  Does anyone know the exact criteria for Facebook?  What video sources does it look for?  Can you select the audio source?  I want to send a feed from the board and was hoping to use a Focusrite box for the audio.

Can we put our collective heads together?  Facebook really hides how live work.  I can't even tell how it is executing the code in the browser.  I am fairly sure the stream is using cutting edge WebRTC as I happen to have a SPAN port on my switch at home as I was working on our conferencing app for work and saw the stream come up in Wireshark.

I am not super current on Web-App technology but am very familiar with the WDM driver model in Windows, minidrivers and how media devices are exposed to apps.  I know that Javascript has a WebRTC library.

Ok, scratch all of that.  I did some quick research, you can't stream Live from a web broswer only a phone app.

Here is the trick ticket.  There are many paid applications but https://obsproject.com is an Open Source tool that looks like it can fit the bill for many light professional applications.

Facebook supports streaming plugins for live.  It gives a key and an address to send your stream to so I don't understand what you mean by Facebook doesn't see your camera.

A quick check of one of my favorite capture cards, the Matrox Mojito supports the latest version of Skype.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Stephen Beatty

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 12:56:10 PM »

I have been working on setting up for living streaming, things like local bands in the small bars, the coffee shop open mic night stuff. I first looked into and got a Livestream Broadcaster Mini. But that locks you into Livestream.
The 2 systems I have considered are a Roland V-1HD HD production mixer into a Teradek Vidiu. And Vmix, a software production mixer that also can stream live.
Both can stream to Facebook and Youtube.
I ended up getting the Vmix basic HD version. I use a couple of Logitech webcams and an AverMedia USB 3 capture device to bring in a HDMI camera. It can take in audio from your mixer, etc. Streams to Facebook and Youtube which is what I use.
They have a free version to try out.

Edited for; I use a Canon R600 connected to the AverMedia into a USB 3 Express card into Vmix in my Dell E610 Latitude i3 laptop with 8gig ram. Works great.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:59:46 PM by Stephen Beatty »

Steve Kennedy-Williams

• Kennedy-Williams.net
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 12:08:52 AM »

I have been working on setting up for living streaming, things like local bands in the small bars, the coffee shop open mic night stuff. I first looked into and got a Livestream Broadcaster Mini. But that locks you into Livestream.
The 2 systems I have considered are a Roland V-1HD HD production mixer into a Teradek Vidiu. And Vmix, a software production mixer that also can stream live.
Both can stream to Facebook and Youtube.
I ended up getting the Vmix basic HD version. I use a couple of Logitech webcams and an AverMedia USB 3 capture device to bring in a HDMI camera. It can take in audio from your mixer, etc. Streams to Facebook and Youtube which is what I use.
They have a free version to try out.

Edited for; I use a Canon R600 connected to the AverMedia into a USB 3 Express card into Vmix in my Dell E610 Latitude i3 laptop with 8gig ram. Works great.

Wirecast can be used to solve this problem. It has a virtual camera feature that exposes the switchers output as a webcam.

It also supports streaming directly to Facebook Live.

Best off, Telestream has started offering Wirecast Gear solutions in addition to software licenses. Hardware and software in one support package, great for resellers and integrators.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 12:08:52 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.