ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for an inexpensive wireless iem system  (Read 16201 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Looking for an inexpensive wireless iem system
« on: October 14, 2016, 02:15:49 PM »

I have 3 Sennheiser EW300 systems in my rack which I am very happy with. However, I'd like a separate system that won't be kept in the rack. It will be used in only a couple of venues where I won't be taking the rack with me and I don't want to remove one of my EW300 transmitters from the rack.
It doesn't have to be as good quality as the Senny and the pack will be only feet from the transmitter. There are a few Sennys new and used on eBay but still a bit pricey so  I have been looking at the Carvin EM900 which gets very good reviews for the money. Anything else I should consider?
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jerome Malsack

Re: Looking for an inexpensive wireless iem system
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 03:38:05 PM »

Richard and I have used there speakers,  I have good results with tech support, Repair parts,  as needed. 
They show they have moved the frequencies down to 500 to 542 ?  so good to get past the FCC rules.

I have an older PM100 model in the 72 mhz range and it works well with the two receivers.  Antenna is about 4 ft ?
Mono also. 

Carvin is a good low cost option supported by a US business out of California. 

Mike Santarelli

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 03:48:42 PM »

I had the carvin and it was very good for the money IMO. It more background noise than my sennheisers but were still decent.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 04:15:31 PM »

How big is your current rack?

3 Senn IEM transmitters don't take up much room and are pretty light.

Maybe a smaller/lighter rack??
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 04:19:59 PM by Jamin Lynch »

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 04:43:16 PM »

Galaxy Audio has an inexpensive fixed frequency unit with a street price of $199.00.  I really like the CAD Stage Pass IEM at around $350.00 for a lower priced multi frequency system.  The Stage pass looks to be a step up from the Carvin or Galaxy 900 IMO.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 05:02:05 PM »

Galaxy Audio has an inexpensive fixed frequency unit with a street price of $199.00.  I really like the CAD Stage Pass IEM at around $350.00 for a lower priced multi frequency system.  The Stage pass looks to be a step up from the Carvin or Galaxy 900 IMO.

I saw that too Don... I preferred the fact that the Carvin pack is metal - the CAD looks to be plastic. I have had few drops but it might be the difference between surviving the fall and not. The CAD reviews are quite good though...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 05:04:18 PM »

How big is your current rack?

3 Senn IEM transmitters don't take up much room and are pretty light.

Maybe a smaller/lighter rack??

Its not size or weight Jamin.... I just need one transmitter separated from the rest. Chris needs one  to be mobile from the PA equipment as he will be playing some shows without our equipment but still requires wireless iem.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 05:04:41 PM »

I had the carvin and it was very good for the money IMO. It more background noise than my sennheisers but were still decent.

Good to know..thanks Mike

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 05:06:50 PM »

Richard and I have used there speakers,  I have good results with tech support, Repair parts,  as needed. 
They show they have moved the frequencies down to 500 to 542 ?  so good to get past the FCC rules.

I have an older PM100 model in the 72 mhz range and it works well with the two receivers.  Antenna is about 4 ft ?
Mono also. 

Carvin is a good low cost option supported by a US business out of California.

Yes - I see all theirs now are 500 mhz range which is nice. The 90 day warranty concerns me a bit. Also the fact I called there today and asked some questions of a young man... I may as well have been speaking to a tea towel.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 05:09:51 PM »

Its not size or weight Jamin.... I just need one transmitter separated from the rest. Chris needs one  to be mobile from the PA equipment as he will be playing some shows without our equipment but still requires wireless iem.

OK, just a thought.

I've used the Carvin one time before. It seemed to be pretty good.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 05:09:51 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.