ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are these?  (Read 4110 times)

Cody Froelich

• Hanging on by a thr...uh, cable.
What are these?
« on: October 04, 2016, 12:15:30 PM »

So, I'm pretty new to this. I just took a job as the modern worship leader, and because we are a smaller church, I am now also in charge of all things sound--including running the full A/V package for our traditional service. Blah, blah...TMI.

My knowledge base is limited, and while I was cleaning up some messy closets, I found a few empty boxes, and I can't figure out what they are. Does anyone know these items and what was included with purchase? I'm trying to figure out if we have all the stuff, or if they grew legs.

One is a Shure box that was obviously with some kind of wireless system, but the only number I can find is printed on the unused registration card, and it is: M9M01-01. I've searched that online, and nothing comes up.

We also have a Shure BLX4R, but I can't find anything that connects to it. Is it possible that the M9M01-01 was working with this system?

This is probably just the first of many questions I'll have, but let's start here, and we'll see how that goes. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: What are these?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 12:49:03 PM »

Cody,

Welcome to the Forums!

The BLX4R is the rack mountable receive suitable for use with Shure's BLX-series wireless microphones. If you look on the back, you will see what frequency range your unit is- any good Shure dealer (myself included) would be able to sell you a matching handheld transmitter so you can use your system again PROVIDED you're not in a frequency range that is soon to be limited (570-696MHz) or currently illegal (696-806MHz) for our use.

I'm not certain what the M9M01-01 is-- can you take a photo of it and post it on here?

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Taylor Phillips

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 10:11:56 PM »

Is there anything in the boxes - I can't think of the name of what these are called - that keep the items from sliding around and what not?  Might be able to gather what was in there based on the shape.  I did a Google search of "M9M01-01 Shure" and there were only three links.  But one of them was a for sale ad from last year and it advertised a "Shure M9M01-01 Wireless Microphone $150".  I've seen a few Audio Technica mics that I was never able to find any information on on their company website, so I assumed they must have licensed their name out to someone making a cheap, entry level product or something.  Is that something that really happens with microphone brands?  Anyway, I never really looked into it, so I don't know if that actually happens, but it could explain the lack of information out there for the product. 

Karl Winkler

• Lectrosonics
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 01:06:13 PM »

.... PROVIDED you're not in a frequency range that is soon to be limited (570-696MHz) or currently illegal (696-806MHz) for our use.

Just a minor correction: the original clearing target from the FCC would have the auctioned spectrum going all the way down to 570 MHz, but that auction failed, as did the one aiming to go down to 582 MHz. They are now working on round 3 of the auction, which would have the lower cutoff at around 588 MHz. Most people think round 3 will fail also...

And, it will be some (2-3 at least) years before anyone using wireless in the 600 MHz band will need to vacate.
In theory, theory and practice should be the same. In practice, they are not.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 09:20:14 PM »

Just a minor correction: the original clearing target from the FCC would have the auctioned spectrum going all the way down to 570 MHz, but that auction failed, as did the one aiming to go down to 582 MHz. They are now working on round 3 of the auction, which would have the lower cutoff at around 588 MHz. Most people think round 3 will fail also...

And, it will be some (2-3 at least) years before anyone using wireless in the 600 MHz band will need to vacate.
The point I was attempting to make is that, as a Shure Dealer, I can't sell ANYTHING in 696-802MHz, and there's pretty much nothing left available in 6XXMHz. Most frequency bands that cover 600MHz have already been discontinued. There's SOME L50 QLX-D/ULX-D available still, but it's officially discontinued by Shure.

So, my statement should be correctly read as: "Based on what is currently available and shipping from the manufacturers, if the receiver is in a lower frequency band, then any good dealer would be able to sell you a matching transmitter to go with your BLX receiver. But, if your receiver is in soon-to-be-prohibited frequency ranges, we may not be able to help."

Sorry for not being clear previously.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 09:20:14 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.