ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freespeak ii Belt pack Line in  (Read 2937 times)

keven mcdonald

Freespeak ii Belt pack Line in
« on: October 01, 2016, 08:51:21 PM »

Hi folks

I can't seem to find any literature anywhere on this... There is a mini-jack line in on the bottom of freespeak ii packs that I initially thought was a headphone jack for in ears with 1/8in jacks.

Does anyone know what this might get used for in a normal scenario?

Cheers,

Kev

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Freespeak ii Belt pack Line in
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 09:03:40 AM »

Hi folks

I can't seem to find any literature anywhere on this... There is a mini-jack line in on the bottom of freespeak ii packs that I initially thought was a headphone jack for in ears with 1/8in jacks.

Does anyone know what this might get used for in a normal scenario?

Cheers,

Kev

This is a line in.  Usually used to link the output of an in ear reciever so an A2 can monitor his talent's actual signal or as another separate program input to the pack.  In the menu the volume is adjusted.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

keven mcdonald

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 02:29:48 PM »

This is a line in.  Usually used to link the output of an in ear reciever so an A2 can monitor his talent's actual signal or as another separate program input to the pack.  In the menu the volume is adjusted.

Ah brilliant - thanks for clearing that up Pete! Not something we are likely to use. Another thing you might have experience in - we are looking to adapt 4 pin XLR to 1/8" and a TA3 on a flail to use our UE moulds with comms. Do you have any recommendations for neck worn or clip mics to use in this type of scenario?

Kev

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 05:11:08 PM »

Ah brilliant - thanks for clearing that up Pete! Not something we are likely to use. Another thing you might have experience in - we are looking to adapt 4 pin XLR to 1/8" and a TA3 on a flail to use our UE moulds with comms. Do you have any recommendations for neck worn or clip mics to use in this type of scenario?

You really need a mic that is close to your mouth, not a lav type mic. With a clip on the ambient sound vs your voice may make the comms unintelligible once you have enough mic gain to be heard. An omni, even right next to your mouth will also make the comms very noisy. You will want a mic on a boom like a headset mic, and you'll want it to be cardioid or hypercardioid.

Mac

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 07:00:59 PM »

You really need a mic that is close to your mouth, not a lav type mic. With a clip on the ambient sound vs your voice may make the comms unintelligible once you have enough mic gain to be heard. An omni, even right next to your mouth will also make the comms very noisy. You will want a mic on a boom like a headset mic, and you'll want it to be cardioid or hypercardioid.

Mac

Yup.  I bought an AKG C410 headset mic off eBay for this exact application.  I had to modify the frame to fit my head better, but otherwise I've been very happy with the results.  I like that I can flip it up out of the way just like a comms set.  I haven't yet integrated my IEMs to the frame as I sometimes need an earbud that is more open, but it would be easy to do with some shrink tubing.

"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 07:00:59 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.