Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wow.  (Read 4397 times)

Wade Biery

Wow.
« on: September 27, 2016, 06:29:03 PM »

I reinstate a profile I haven't had for over 10 years, post asking a simple question....and instead of help, I get slapped around by a petty tyrant who couldn't be bothered to *suggest* I do something that would make my post and participation more useful for the community.

Instead my post gets locked, I get publicly berated like I'm some noob who deserves to be shat on publicly, and of course I get no answer.

Let me just say, there are people who really do know a LOT about what they do, and have the credits and experience to back it up....that's my real name, go look at what I do. It's not meant to brag, it's meant to say that small-minded reactions to nebulous and over-enforced rules will only harm a community, not bring in people who have a lot to add.

These are some of my work in record production/songwriting/performance/mixing/and recording.....yes it's not the VERY best, but it's very good, and I have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer, and I'm happy to. http://still.bandcamp.com
Again, only to exemplify, not to brag or self-aggrandize....

Yeh, maybe I'm too full of myself, maybe I think too much of my work, and maybe I broke some goofy rule.....but how much harder is it too paste in a quick reminder to check out the rules section (didn't know there even WAS one) than to be shitty to someone looking for a little knowledge where he's lacking? I didn't do ANYTHING other than ask a question, innocent of any idea there was going to be a problem.

Obviously this post will be taken down very rapidly, and my membership vacated, but to be honest, I haven't missed this place in the intervening 10 years, just had a simple question and remembered it, thought I'd check in.

My mistake.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 04:51:48 AM by Craig Leerman »

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: Wow.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 06:37:58 PM »

I reinstate a profile I haven't had for over 10 years, post asking a simple question....and instead of help, I get slapped around by a petty tyrant who couldn't be bothered to *suggest* I do something that would make my post and participation more useful for the community.

Instead my post gets locked, I get publicly berated like I'm some noob who deserves to be shat on publicly, and of course I get no answer.

Let me just say, there are people who really do know a LOT about what they do, and have the credits and experience to back it up....that's my real name, go look at what I do. It's not meant to brag, it's meant to say that small-minded reactions to nebulous and over-enforced rules will only harm a community, not bring in people who have a lot to add.

These are some of my work in record production/songwriting/performance/mixing/and recording.....yes it's not the VERY best, but it's very good, and I have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer, and I'm happy to. http://still.bandcamp.com

Yeh, maybe I'm too full of myself, maybe I think too much of my work, and maybe I broke some goofy rule.....but how much harder is it too paste in a quick reminder to check out the rules section (didn't know there even WAS one) than to be shitty to someone looking for a little knowledge where he's lacking? I didn't do ANYTHING other than ask a question, innocent of any idea there was going to be a problem.

Obviously this post will be taken down very rapidly, and my membership vacated, but to be honest, I haven't missed this place in the intervening 10 years, just had a simple question and remembered it, thought I'd check in.

My mistake.

Dear Still_, You got the exact same response as everyone who posts without their real name. It included a reminder to check the rules.

PS: This topic should be in the Basement subforum. ;)

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 06:44:27 PM »

Just ask the mods to unlock your other thread, now that you've changed your name, and I'm sure folks will be glad to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 06:52:02 PM »

Go to your post about mixers, click on "report to moderator" and tell them you fixed your name issue.  It will get unlocked.

I suspect you've been posting in another PSW forum (recording, house of worship) where real name use is not required...  That's there, this is here.

As for condescension, feel it if you wish but there are no fewer than 3 places that said you must use your real name to post in the live audio forums, including one right at the top of the main index page and at the top of each forum's index page.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Wade Biery

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 07:26:52 PM »

I would say I feel it from the response, not manufactured all on my own. I was VERY surprised to have that happen, including having someone's response deleted, there's no call for that kind of treatment other than petty tyrant syndrome.

It disrespects me, the person that answered my post, and the place itself by lowering the level of interaction to that petty place.

Other views may differ, but in the meantime I've put it on Facebook where the friend's circle I have will have many good thoughtful answers, without the ego and small-minded need to push one's self upwards by pushing someone else down....shoulda done that in the first place.

Again, my mistake, I own that.

But this has been settled, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been shut down yet....or the "Rules Committee" hasn't piled on....

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 07:54:43 PM »

Hey, I hope you stick around and make it "over the hump". There's a great community and a lot of knowledge here, and a lot of respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 08:02:49 PM »

I would say I feel it from the response, not manufactured all on my own. I was VERY surprised to have that happen, including having someone's response deleted, there's no call for that kind of treatment other than petty tyrant syndrome.

It disrespects me, the person that answered my post, and the place itself by lowering the level of interaction to that petty place.

Other views may differ, but in the meantime I've put it on Facebook where the friend's circle I have will have many good thoughtful answers, without the ego and small-minded need to push one's self upwards by pushing someone else down....shoulda done that in the first place.

Again, my mistake, I own that.

But this has been settled, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been shut down yet....or the "Rules Committee" hasn't piled on....

Sorry, Wade, but there are no special snowflakes here and the Moderator reply to your post was simple and direct.  There was nothing condescending in it but if you're sufficiently butt-hurt, simply let it go and don't come back.

I suggest you stick around, though, as there is a vast wealth of *correct* information and experience here and it's pretty freely shared.

BTW, Midas didn't buy Behringer, it was the other way around.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Dave Stevens

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 08:03:20 PM »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 08:46:03 PM »

My mistake.

We make special accomodations for folks with your experience.  Step right over here and bring the horse you rode in on.

IT'S MANGO-MANGO TIME!!!
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »

Guy can't be all bad, he brought both Dave and Dick Rees out of the woodwork. Of course at some time in the past he edited out the content from all his posts. Go figure.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.