ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: help with Ubiquity Bullet setup  (Read 13642 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: help with Ubiquity Bullet setup
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 11:14:10 PM »

I get connected with the ipad but when I open the LS9 software I get the "no wifi " warning.
Will try to set up as a router tomorrow.
I got passed the no wifi warning but now when I try to connect to the console it tris to connect but fails with the check wifi setting.
Console is set to 192.168.1.21.   255.255.255.0 and a gateway of 192.168.1.1
I can connect using my usual router. Not sure watsup.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:37:52 AM by Keith Broughton »
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 01:22:04 AM »

Yo
Imgot passed the no wifi warning but now when I try to connect to the console it tris to connect but fails with the check wifi setting.
Console is set to 192.168.1.21.   255.255.255.0 and a gateway of 192.168.1.1
I can connect using my usual router. Not sure watsup.

Take a few steps back, from the PC you are using to config the bullet can you ping the console?

Once you get it working I would no use 192.168.1 it's the standard default and if you are in a pinch the chance of a conflict is very high.

You don't need a router, you don't want to use the bullet in any kind of routing mode.  That will cause more issues.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 10:30:21 AM »

Yo
Take a few steps back, from the PC you are using to config the bullet can you ping the console?

Once you get it working I would no use 192.168.1 it's the standard default and if you are in a pinch the chance of a conflict is very high.

You don't need a router, you don't want to use the bullet in any kind of routing mode.  That will cause more issues.
never mind.... :-[
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:17:01 AM by Keith Broughton »

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 10:33:13 AM »

Keith,
Your setup looks like mine, including the 192.168.1.20 address that the Bullet was set to when I received it.

I configured my router to use 30 DHCP addresses (100-129), assigned my wired IP addresses in a range above the DHCP pool: 192.168.1.130-144 (Except for Ubiquiti Bullet at 192.168.1.20)

Is that how you've got your router configured?

I'm going to be a bit slow responding as I'm taking down a ceiling in our newly redone laundry room - Some rodent decided that they wanted to move in, and I can't get at the enclosed space any other way... ughh!

Best regards,
Bob
Sounds like you are using a router as well as the Bullet.
It was my understanding that I can connect the Bullet directly to a console(using POE adapter) provided  the IP addresses are in the same range.
Is that not so?
Does this device route and can it be setup like my Express to dole out IP addys in a range?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:12:57 AM by Keith Broughton »

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 10:40:12 AM »

That looks right and other than auto channel select and Broadcast (Hide) SSID is setup same as mine.
It will not show in available networks until I select a channel.
Created a list of frequencies (Canada) for it to use and it connects reliably and fast too!

Just to confirm, I am trying to connect the Bullet directly to the console without router or switch.
To update, I now can connect to the Bullet reliably from the iPad but no WiFi icon shows on Ipad and I do not get the "no wifi" warning in the LS9 Ipad software but I do get the "check wifi status" notice.

Are there any changes from default in the "services" or " advanced" windows?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:34:53 AM by Keith Broughton »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 11:33:48 AM »

It will not show in available networks until I select a channel.
Created a list of frequencies (Canada) for it to use and it connects reliably and fast too!

So, to update, I now can connect to the Bullet reliably from the iPad but no WiFi icon shows on Ipad and I do not get the "no wifi" warning in the LS9 Ipad software but I do get the "check wifi settings" notice.
Cannot seem to change the Bullet IP address.
I will get into security and hide SSIS settings once I get this to work as wanted.
Are there any changes from default in the "services" or " advanced" windows?
Keith, did you do the IOS update that was pushed a week or 2 ago?  That seems to have upset the WiFi apple cart a bit.  There is another thread about connectivity issues following the update.

A "router" does not hand out IP addresses.  Routers allow the traffic of 2 different networks to be exchanged between those networks.  You're thinking of DHCP (dynamic host configuration protocol) and no, the Bullet does not do that.

The DHCP tick box on the config page allows the Bullet to get its IP address from a DHCP server, not become a server itself.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:36:19 AM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 11:39:20 AM »

Keith, did you do the IOS update that was pushed a week or 2 ago?  That seems to have upset the WiFi apple cart a bit.  There is another thread about connectivity issues following the update.

A "router" does not hand out IP addresses.  Routers allow the traffic of 2 different networks to be exchanged between those networks.  You're thinking of DHCP (dynamic host configuration protocol) and no, the Bullet does not do that.
I was using a loose reference to "router" as my Express. I was paying attention to your explanations in other posts and now know the difference between switches routers and DHCP servers.
Is it possible to just connect this device directly to a console with appropriate IP address ranges?
If so, then do I need the DNS and Gateway and Router addresses?

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 11:56:52 AM »

Sounds like you are using a router as well as the Bullet.
It was my understanding that I can connect the Bullet directly to a console(using POE adapter) provided  the IP addresses are in the same range.
Is that not so?
Does this device route and can it be setup like my Express to dole out IP addys in a range?
Hi Keith,

I have only used the Bullet M5 as an Access Point. I can be configured as a router (at least, under the network tab, one of the choices for network role is SOHO Router), but the article I found doesn't help much in this regard: https://www.telcoantennas.com.au/site/setting-ubiquiti-bullet-wifi-base-station

It sounds as though you have all the addresses configured to be static. In that case, you wouldn't need routing functions as long as the addresses are all configured to be in the same network (192.168.1.xxx) - I know you know this!  :)

I like having a router and the bullet used together, as we have 10 iPads that connect through the bullet so we can all adjust our in-ear monitors, and the iPads are all using DHCP assigned address within our network.

I've disabled both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios in our router, but it's nice to know I have a backup (in addition to a backup Bullet with antenna, and a backup router.)

Best regards,
Bob
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 12:05:29 PM by Bob Charest »

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 12:05:32 PM »

Hi Keith,

I have only used the Bullet M5 as an Access Point. I can be configured as a router, but the article I found doesn't help much in this regard: https://www.telcoantennas.com.au/site/setting-ubiquiti-bullet-wifi-base-station

It sounds as though you have all the addresses configured to be static. In that case, you wouldn't need routing functions as long as the addresses are all configured to be in the same network (192.168.1.xxx)

Best regards,
Bob
It may be better to stay away from the routing option at this time.
So, in Access Point mode, can I connect the Bullet directly to a console with both devices statically addressed  in the correct range?
EG...console 192.168.0.128 Bullet 192.168.0.200 iPad wireless 192.168.0.200   all  255.255.255.0.
Do I have to use a switch?
I still can't figure out why the WiFi icin doesn't show on ipad when connected to my Bullet wireless side.

richard_cooper

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 12:12:33 PM »

Is it possible to just connect this device directly to a console with appropriate IP address ranges?

It is, and I've done it that way but exact details I can't remember. I've just grabbed a bullet M2 I use for testing stuff and have attached screenshots of each page of how I have it set up. If I set my iPad to have an IP address of 192.168.1.88 subnet 255.255.255.0 with no router or DNS setting I can talk to anything else on my network. I've not got a mixer to hand to test the Yamaha app however.

Hope this may help in some way...

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 12:18:06 PM by richard_cooper »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 12:12:33 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.