ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure UHF-R Bodypack transmitter problem.  (Read 5113 times)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: Shure UHF-R Bodypack transmitter problem.
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 10:32:13 AM »

I've certainly been burned by crew installing batteries incorrectly, especially on BTR packs (two classics: putting one of the six batteries in backwards, or, putting one in with the pull strap between the battery and its terminal...both will make the pack run long enough to test it ::) ). Are you sure they were both in the right way around when you first opened the pack? Or, did they get mixed up and put one old and one new battery in (I know they both metered the same, but...). I would put this one down to crew error and keep an eye on it...as you are.

I am 99 percent sure that the Shure UHF-R packs won’t even turn on if the batteries are flipped. And I also looked when I pulled them out. They were in correctly. Our battery handling procedure is pretty tight all of the old batteries are removed after a do an individual check of each pack to make sure there is no issue with the microphone and its wire to the pack itself. Then only after all of the old batteries are removed are they given the new batteries to put in. I have thought about reversing the check to after the new batteries are put in but that means more time used up on the new batteries. Sometime hopefully soon I am planning on testing some rechargeable because of how many batteries we use per show. I know that adds a whole bunch other battery handling issues. 

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 10:38:12 AM »

I've had this same thing happen when a beltpack gets sweated out.

How are you protecting them from moisture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The packs have a sheath covering the pack with a cotton ball in the top and then it is inserted into a Neoprene belt pouch http://www.neopax.biz/ . We use the standard waist band version. The body packs are inserted into the pouch so that when they are put on the actors the back of the transmitter is facing their body in the pouch.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 10:38:12 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.