ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Measurement Capsule??  (Read 8219 times)

Martin Morris

Re: Wireless Measurement Capsule??
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 07:50:34 AM »

Not only do they not have any compression/expansion but they also have no data compression. Generally speaking digital wireless systems don't have companding but they do have data compression which generally causes a lot of phase shift. No phase shift with Line 6 until you get up to 19kHZ.

Hi Don, attached screen shot of my XD-V75 setup. Amazing bit of kit for the price. Green trace is Line 6 Phase, increasing from 1k.
Red trace with Phase correction filter. Is anyone else getting this? - pink noise source.

Mag is ruler flat.

PS - I purchased your Line 6 P180s off eBay last year, they work well ... cheers

Cheers
Martin
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 08:09:10 AM by Martin Morris »
Dude told me to "go back to where I came from", so I set my tent up on his front lawn ... (unnamed Indian)

fedele de marco

• https://www.facebook.com/fedele.demarco
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 12:15:16 PM »

I recently purchase a Line 6 wireless measurement setup that I like, but is a bit clunky.
It got me thinking, I have the Line 6 handheld mics. Is there a way to make a screw on omni measurement capsule.

This would be way more compact and clean looking. I know the handheld can't supply phantom but I imagine it can do the bias current.
I'm trying to learn more about how wireless capsules work. Is this idea possible?

LOU

I regularly use a V75 Line 6 with two different microphones:

The Isemcom Isemic 725 TR
and the italian MELLAB TX-3

isemic has custom cables.
For other microphones i suggest the use of a denecke or countryman phantom power supply

They directly are put in the belt pack fromthe bios of which are directly fed.

This is the measure of the Line 6 system.

this is the best response you can find iin a not purely dedicated trading system.

The phase response in from 8 Kz and up is not a problem. Remember that you use this system
 in live optimizations, and with only one microphone normally, in difficult situations.  So...we are talking about relative measures.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:17:20 PM by fedele de marco »

Sven Oxtoby

• Cape Town, South Africa
    • Ox Audio
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 05:47:24 AM »

Hi Lou

I know the handheld can't supply phantom but I imagine it can do the bias current.
I'm trying to learn more about how wireless capsules work. Is this idea possible?

I can't address your specific situation re: Line6, but for more background on this kind of idea, maybe also take a look at Beyerdynamic's TGMM1w omni measurement mic capsule for their flagship TG1000 (digital) wireless mic system. Adele's system engineer uses it.
http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/mp/microphones/vocals-and-instruments/stage-vocals/tg-1000/tg-mm1w.html

EDIT: I just saw that this was already posted in another thread.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 05:51:33 AM by Sven Oxtoby »
Sven Oxtoby
Ox Audio (http://www.oxaudio.co.za)
Cape Town, South Africa

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 05:47:24 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 25 queries.