ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Need emergency Dante help  (Read 19871 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Need emergency Dante help
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 02:27:28 PM »

Danet Controller and DVS, as well as the Mac OS system info tells me they are Gigabit Ethernet connections.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 03:00:35 PM »

This is what is happening in Dante Controller.

Are there any error flags coming up in the error log? Latency issues? They should both show green on the tallies at the bottom the screen.

Are you using more than one of the network interfaces at a time?

Mac

richard_cooper

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2016, 03:11:13 PM »

Something that I have just noticed, when I change the channel count in DVS, it is not reflected in Dante Controller. DC will only see 32x32 regardless if I have DVS set to 64x64 or 16x16 or 8x8 or 32x32.

I've never seen this behaviour before, but based on a couple of oddities I have seen in the past, but never got to the bottom of or seen repeated.

Have you checked if audio can flow, even if controller says it can't? I had a situation where controller never progressed past the yellow pending icon, even though audio flowed fine. Obviously different situation though.

Another thing you could try is to change the name of the Mac which might "kick" the system.

You could post screenshots of the Device Info etc tabs incase more pairs of eyes can spot something.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 03:13:37 PM »

Are there any error flags coming up in the error log? Latency issues? They should both show green on the tallies at the bottom the screen.

Are you using more than one of the network interfaces at a time?

Mac

Only using a single NIC at a time on this computer. No error flags that I noticed other than the notes about it the Console being the new clock master when I would refresh DC or retart the system.

I'll have to check later. I've given up on Dante for today. Rolling Protools with my OctaCapture, so I had to scale back a couple of inputs, but it will be fine with just 8.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2016, 03:26:55 PM »

Only using a single NIC at a time on this computer. No error flags that I noticed other than the notes about it the Console being the new clock master when I would refresh DC or retart the system.

I'll have to check later. I've given up on Dante for today. Rolling Protools with my OctaCapture, so I had to scale back a couple of inputs, but it will be fine with just 8.

Glad you had a bu plan. How is the MacOS and DVS? Had these versions previously worked with the current firmware on the Yamaha hardware?

Mac

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 03:35:39 PM »

Glad you had a bu plan. How is the MacOS and DVS? Had these versions previously worked with the current firmware on the Yamaha hardware?

Mac
They had worked with the previous firmware version that I was running on the console. But that was back in May. We've been dark for most of the summer. Then it stopped working. This weekend we open our season with the symphony.

One of the troubleshooting steps that I took in trying to get it working was to update to the current CL firmware, 4.02, based on the advice of the guys at Yamaha CA helpdesk. No fix. He said it was possible that I was getting a broadcast storm on the network and that rebooting the RIOs and switches should fix it. Which it didn't.

Everything on the console and RIOs works fine. And for whatever reason I can patch into and out of the Mac Pro computer as long as I am not patching from the RIOs to the computer. That seems to be the stumbling block.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Andrew Makinson

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 05:19:22 PM »

I know you probably have important reasons to keep your MacPro on the older OS.  I wish I could help with the immediate issue, but I've not see that happen.

I'm running 3 macs on my Dante network all with 2 or 3 NICs active.  They are updated with the latest Mac OS, Dante Controller and DVS. 

My MacPro (1st gen) runs Reaper for 64x64 through DVS and has been totally solid.  The second NIC is on my Tech network which is VLAN isolated from my house network/internet.  I regularly and concurrently multitrack through Reaper, run iTunes, run Smaart, monitor mics and iems with WSM, grab files from the web and print across the facility network from that machine.  I'm not recommending that as best practice, just pointing out that multiple NICs and current software versions have been good to me.
--
Andrew Makinson
Grace Covenant Church
Chantilly, VA

Scott Helmke

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 09:20:33 PM »

Assuming there's no leakage between primary and secondary networks (which is the first think I always check), the next place I look is clocking problems. Don't let the console be preferred master.

Rio boxes set to "resume" rather than "refresh" can help a lot in complicated setups.

Can you run the R Remote software from Yamaha to control head amps in the Rio boxes? It's probably not how you want to run the show, but it might yield some clues.

Do you have any other Dante devices/computers that will successfully send to the Mac DVS?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:44:45 AM by Scott Helmke »

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 10:59:48 PM »

Assuming there's no leakage between primary and secondary networks (which is the first think I always check), the next place I look is clocking problems. Don't let the console be preferred master, and for the sake of testing let the Mac be preferred master to see if that helps.

I don't have a setup in front of me, but I think DVS can't be the preferred master. DVS and Via can only be clock slave.

Mac

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 12:08:58 AM »

I don't have a setup in front of me, but I think DVS can't be the preferred master. DVS and Via can only be clock slave.

Mac

That is true.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 12:08:58 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.