Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Question about column/stick speaker design

<< < (15/15)

Tracy Garner:

--- Quote from: Jeremy Silverthorn on November 30, 2021, 10:04:49 AM ---Rehashing an old thread here... Been plugging along with our old Carvin speakers for a couple years, and on pause for a couple years due to Covid, but we're planning on doing our event again in January & it's definitely time for some new SOS's.  The Mackie SRM450 was suggested like 5 years back.  Any other current recommendations? Not looking for the best thing out there, nor the cheapest, but a decent box that will get the job done.  Thanks again to all the members here for their help & feedback.

Jeremy

--- End quote ---

Funny you mentioned SRM450. I just traded a pair of SRM450 v1 (Italian) for a pair of JBL CBT1000. The person who traded wanted something he could use in his backyard and the CBT1000 column speaker wasn't it. I quickly traded and the CBT1000 pair is now sitting in my home theatre a main LR.

Question to the group, I wanted to maybe use these at weddings or when I'm the DJ/sound reinforcement at comedy shows. I found a way to mount these on a regular tripod using some K&M adaptors. Does anyone have any thoughts on these as opposed to some other column array that may be more mobile-friendly? I really couldn't pass up the deal when I got the opportunity to trade the SRM450v1.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version