ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: X32/M32 firmware v3 is HERE  (Read 34733 times)

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
X32/M32 firmware v3 is HERE
« on: September 07, 2016, 09:29:03 AM »

I just added an X32 rack to add to inventory. I went to download the firmware this morning and see that v3.04 is now available. Downloading it now. Dugan time!! :)

Release notes:

3.04 (2016-08-24):
  improvements:
  - PREV cue button function fixed
  - gate and dyn module gain graphs always show active gain curve (in grey when module is not active)
  - automix gain reduction meter scaling corrected

3.00 (2016-08-04):
  improvements:
  - indication of available outputs on routing page corrected for models with 8 outs
  - fixed issue with send mutes when dca bank was selected in sends on fader mode
  - compatibility with new editor version
  - rearranged screen encoders on sends page for consistency
  - show/snippet name redraw issue fixed
  - monitor metering point changed (to indicate output clipping)
  - channel name/icon no longer copied (odd->even) when link is activated
  - -action/clearsolo now also deactivates key solo
  new features:
  - 8 channel (1..8 ) automixing with two groups
  - phase invert on outputs, aux, aes/ebu, P16
  - xover filter types on main and mono/center
  - x-touch remote control (MIDI/Ethernet)

X32 downloads: http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Digital-Mixers/X32/p/P0ASF/downloads
M32 downloads: http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Midas/Mixers/Digital-Mixers/M32/p/P0B3I/downloads

Art Nadelman

Re: X32/M32 firmware v3 is HERE
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 09:54:27 AM »

Sorry.  But it looks like it should have been called Version 2.2.  I'm underwhelmed!

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 10:16:18 AM »

Sorry.  But it looks like it should have been called Version 2.2.  I'm underwhelmed!
Yep. A few useful but expected new features, but no big surprises. I'm glad to have auto-mixing and the ability to use an X-touch in my arsenal now though. X-over filters on the main and mono busses will be useful for people who don't use matrices for their speaker outputs.

Gary Weller

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 02:45:54 PM »

+1. Automix is useless to me.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 04:57:08 PM »

The X32 mix app is a DOWNGRADE if you ask me.  Looks a lot more like the Xair garbage.  Lack of using color to tell you what's going on. Using a scroll bar to get to different channels is so unbelievably cumbersome.  Yes, there are other improvements, but that one alone just burns me.
Brian Jojade

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 05:23:31 PM »

The X32 mix app is a DOWNGRADE if you ask me.  Looks a lot more like the Xair garbage.  Lack of using color to tell you what's going on. Using a scroll bar to get to different channels is so unbelievably cumbersome.  Yes, there are other improvements, but that one alone just burns me.
Well, while you can have all of the 80 available faders in one row scrollable, have you examined the options?

There are eight user configurable fader views. You can easily fit 32 faders on a normal 4:3 monitor and the right hand view can be collapsed to show you even more faders. On my 13" mbp 2009 I can fit 63 faders in one row. They become very small but imagine this on some 27" 16:9 monitor.

There are so much color indicators like the on/off of the dyn/gate/eq, buses show the assigned scribble color. When engaging SoF the entire fader bank show the color of the bus scribble. The sends overview is even color coded to the scribble colors.

Bus names are populated throughout the application and on the righthand view you can even show their scribble names.

The app can be resized to any liking. Full overview of all sends. Dyn/gate GR for all faders in the main view for quick assesment of the current mix.

Floating windows for all fx, routing, metering, monitor, show control, library and utility windows giving you a full experience on multiple monitors.

A much better routing overview to quickly grasp how routing is setup.

You now even get hot-keys to control many functions.

And then some....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:29:14 PM by Robert Lofgren »

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 05:32:56 PM »

Here is an old picture from my mbp 2009 running dual-screen on 4:3 monitors.

Plenty of faders  8)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:35:08 PM by Robert Lofgren »

John L Nobile

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 05:43:39 PM »

Multiple windows are nice.

Has anyone upgraded to the new firmware yet? I stopped being a guinea pig for updates years ago.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 07:09:46 PM »

+1. Automix is useless to me.

Automix is the reason I'll be taking an X32 to a major transportation safety conference next month.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 07:13:59 PM »

Multiple windows are nice.

Has anyone upgraded to the new firmware yet? I stopped being a guinea pig for updates years ago.

I updated my X32 Rack last night.  All my config, scenes and libraries are intact.  Other than playing some tracks and hooking up a mic I haven't had a chance to do much more but so far the update doesn't seem to have broken anything I was already doing or using.  I have not updated my iPad and I don't know if the last update to Mixing Station (about a week ago) is V3 happy or not.  Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to see.

In general I was hoping for a couple 'major features' to roll out with this update.  I guess we'll see what happens at the v3.1 mark.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 07:13:59 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.