ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New X32 Version 2???  (Read 13168 times)

Aaron Maurer

New X32 Version 2???
« on: September 03, 2016, 03:21:09 PM »

I seen this a couple days ago and want to know if anyone knows anything about it?  Can any Behringer dealers chime in on the changes and maybe a price point?  http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/X32 

Some new features where the cell phone resides, new color, and no Behringer name on back of screen on the housing.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: New X32 Version 2???
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 03:26:11 PM »

I seen this a couple days ago and want to know if anyone knows anything about it?  Can any Behringer dealers chime in on the changes and maybe a price point?  http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/X32 

Some new features where the cell phone resides, new color, and no Behringer name on back of screen on the housing.

The linked console appears to be a standard x32 to me.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 03:30:35 PM »

I think the "new feature where the cell phone resides" is a cell phone with an RTA app.

Aaron Maurer

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 03:34:39 PM »

Sorry its the second video at the bottom of the link. I though I linked the video but it takes you to the product.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 03:43:09 PM »

Looks like a cursor pad in the lower right.

I wonder if that's just a really old video and a mock up.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 03:47:09 PM »

Sorry its the second video at the bottom of the link. I though I linked the video but it takes you to the product.

yep, that one looks different but I don't know how long it's been on the site.  Possibly it is an early promo video for the x32 or perhaps it is new. 
We have been told that there are some upcoming changes in a number of the Music lines but no details or specific timelines yet.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Art Nadelman

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 03:48:29 PM »

Intersting...

It's an August 24, 2011 upload to Youtube.  So I'm sure it's not version 2.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 04:51:43 PM »

Mystery solved !?

Daniel Levi

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 08:35:48 AM »

That was one of the early prototypes/mockups the 4 way directional pad got moved to the screen and a phone holder put in it's place in the final version. So, no it's not a V2 it's at most a V0.5.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 11:37:35 AM »

I have been following the X32 development since its release (from an engineering standpoint).

When the product was released, it really had no competition in its price range.  Over the last 5 years, others have stepped up to the plate and offer compelling products in this price range as well.

The Analog Devices SHARC 21371 that the X32 is based on has just recently been rendered "old" IMO by the new generation of SHARC processors that are available.

My guess is that the new processors (215XX), having a whopping 1800 MAC (multiply-accumulate) units compared to the old 21371's 532 units, along with nearly double the clock speed, will perform more than 4x the 21371.

This is worth the engineering effort for an upgrade IMO; however, it is likely going to take another couple of years to be ready for prime time.

In that period of time, I also suspect that Behringer will release the long awaited (and mostly forgotten by most) V3 firmware to add spice to its X32 line in the interim..... at least that is how I would go about it.

The best way to make money on a product is to design it well from the start (Check), re-use the base technology across many products (Check), then utilize it as long as possible by keeping the feature list up to date while you are working on the next big thing (We will see if I am right or not).

I am very interested in a V2 X32, but I don't expect to see it for some time yet.

It is a testament to the original X32 design that it has taken over the market in its price range (which it created single handedly) and is still arguably the most feature rich product in its class despite several releases of products from competitors.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 11:37:35 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.387 seconds with 22 queries.