ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QLC+ Help  (Read 1688 times)

BrianHenry

• NJ
    • Mountainside Studios, LLC
QLC+ Help
« on: September 01, 2016, 05:14:23 pm »

Hello:

I have been working on assembling a lighting rig that can control a show program that is manually advanced by the performers using MIDI controllers.  I have been experimenting with QLC+ as the control software.

My question is for anyone who might have some experience with QLC+. I have been trying to create sequences to insert as step within chasers. The plan is to use MIDI to advance the steps within the chasers. We would like the chaser steps to not be limited to static scenes, so the only functionality I see to get around this is to use sequences. However, when executing the chasers, the sequence type steps do not run (static scenes do come up). Can anyone help by letting me know if this should work (I am doing something wrong), or if QLC+ is not intended to work this way in the first place? I have posted this question on the QLC+ forums but no responses.

Alternatively, I would consider another software platform, but I would like it to meet the following criteria:
-Macintosh compatible
-I would like to use my Enttec USB Pro Mk2 for DMX as well as MIDI interface
-Must be able to advance through a list of scenes/moving chases using MIDI control

Thanks,

brian

Ben Lutz

Re: QLC+ Help
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 09:45:52 pm »

Not sure if this will help with MIDI, but what I did to achieve the same kind of effect was to program scenes with the chases then run them together with cues.
As far as sync with the beat, there was a tap/sync button you can click in tempo and your chase will execute in that tempo. To move to the next chase I had to hit the "go" button and the chase would still be in tempo.

BrianHenry

• NJ
    • Mountainside Studios, LLC
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 01:33:01 am »

Thanks. Not using any tempo matching so that will make this easier.

I seem to have gotten sequences embedded as step in chasers to work now. I'm not sure what is different - perhaps my first file was corrupted.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 01:33:01 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.