ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monty Lee Wilkes. MLW/MPLS  (Read 3160 times)

Woody Nuss

• Santa Monica, CA

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: Monty Lee Wilkes. MLW/MPLS
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 09:06:37 AM »

Major bummer.  RIP, Monty.

Monty was the first LAB poster way back in May of 1995.   

"Check one two, is this thing on?".  I don't think he ever posted again. 

The emails that got him fired from the Prince tour in 98ish were hilarious. For those that don't know, Monty was basically blogging before there blogs, using AOL email IIRC. Sure enough, they fell into the wrong hands and he got sent home. 

For sure, it sounded like a tour you didn't want to be on.  He did pretty well for himself afterwards ;-)
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 04:48:21 PM »

Monty was the first LAB poster way back in May of 1995.   

"Check one two, is this thing on?".  I don't think he ever posted again. 

The emails that got him fired from the Prince tour in 98ish were hilarious. For those that don't know, Monty was basically blogging before there blogs, using AOL email IIRC. Sure enough, they fell into the wrong hands and he got sent home. 

For sure, it sounded like a tour you didn't want to be on.  He did pretty well for himself afterwards ;-)
Yes, he certainly did.
He sent the resume below  (sent via earthlink..) about the time he had me in as a sub while his daughter was born during the Sneaker Pimps tour.

Sorry to see he's "6 Underground" up in the Great Gig in The Sky.

He got to work with some of the best, and was (most) always fun to hang with, we talked till the sun came up after many gigs back in the day, Leinenkugles at the shop, White Russians when we could find them.

Paul Metsa conducted a great interview with MLW beginning of this year on KFAI, really brought back the roots of the "good old days".  A week before he passed on, Cyn had a MLW KFAI radio appreciation show in which a number of his old friends participated, as Steve Wallace said then (calling in from a fire fight in California) "the bonds formed back in those early days (mid-1980s) will last forever".

As will MLW's legacy.

Art

Dave Stevens

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 04:01:08 PM »

I just heard.  I haven't seen him in 7-8 years.  We spent a fair amount of time together in the 80s and 90s.  I always enjoyed his company and sense of humor.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 04:01:08 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.