ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC KW181 Handle Orientation - Hard to Transport  (Read 1445 times)

Bob Harvey

• Central VA
QSC KW181 Handle Orientation - Hard to Transport
« on: August 27, 2016, 09:20:36 pm »

Arrrr ... I've been schlepping these around for several years now and still curse the orientation of the handles when transporting.

Rolling is fine, but when it's time to lift ... ugh.

I've even called QSC and was informed that the handles were oriented for easy stacking.

Great ... the stacking process takes 5 seconds while the rest of the time the handles are not friendly for transit.

Do you think there is any way to orient the handles 90 from the stock position ?

KW181 users ... what's your take ... how do you deal with this ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 01:41:34 pm by Bob Harvey »
- Bob

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: QSC KW181 Handle Orientation - Hard to Transport
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 07:29:57 pm »

Arrrr ... I've been schlepping these around for several years now and still curse the orientation of the handles when transporting.

Rolling is fine, but when it's time to lift ... ugh.

I've even called QSC and was informed that the handles were oriented for easy stacking.

Great ... the stacking process takes 5 seconds while the rest of the time the handles are not friendly for transit.

Do you think there is any way to orient the handles 90 from the stock position ?

KW181 users ... what's your take ... how do you deal with this ?

Thanks

Meh
I only lift them to stack them. I can lay them down or stand them up myself.

If I am putting them in the back of my pickup, I use the handle to stabilize and we lift from the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Bob Harvey

• Central VA
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 10:00:05 am »

... and we lift from the bottom.

Yep ... I have a cargo van and frequently have to load by myself.

But even with two, that handle is just inconvenient.

I found some lightweight folding wheelchair ramps 6 or 7 feet in length that should be ideal for me to roll the KW181s into the van by myself.
- Bob

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 01:17:43 pm »

Yep ... I have a cargo van and frequently have to load by myself.

But even with two, that handle is just inconvenient.

I found some lightweight folding wheelchair ramps 6 or 7 feet in length that should be ideal for me to roll the KW181s into the van by myself.

I have a 6' ramp for my trailer but a bit short for the pickup bed (though I have used it).
An 8' folding one looks useful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.