ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FOH Speaker Placement  (Read 6110 times)

Issack Andrew

FOH Speaker Placement
« on: August 23, 2016, 06:46:27 AM »

Dear Friends,

I am an amateur sound engineer still learning the ropes in church. We have a conference in 2 weeks and I just got the specifications of the hall. Can you guys please assist me with where I should place the speakers and subs for this event? The seating will be around 300 people.

Those 4 shaded squares in the middle of the hall are concrete columns (IDK poor design skills when constructing?). We are covering them with curtains.

Thanks!

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: FOH Speaker Placement
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 07:50:49 AM »

It depends on the cover of the speakers.

I would say for most "general speakers" (90*), your current placement would be a good starting point.

It will be louder close to them, but there is not much you can do.  You either give up coverage or SPL evenness.  I would rather have coverage and have everybody in the pattern, than have some people where the sound is dull.

Sometimes you just have to live with the difference in SPL
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:32:32 AM »

Issh,

Welcome to the Forums! You will find a wealth of knowledge and information here, some of which has already been shared with you.

However, per the Rules of Participation posted at the top of each page and when you registered, your Display Name does need to be your Real, Full Name in order to join in the discussions. Would you kindly pop back into your Profile and update your Display Name to reflect your Real, Full Name? We're regrettably unable to continue this discussion until you comply!

Thanks,

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Max Hall

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 08:21:20 PM »

Have you only got 2 FOH speakers? Could you have 4 smaller (more unsightly to the audience) and then have 2 were the FOH currently are and the other 2 in front of the centre columns?

Max

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 05:05:25 PM »

Welcome to the forum also.  As pictured if you add the two in the middle two support columns you will need to keep them down in volume to prevent slap echoes.
Along with the fact that the timing will be off from the L/R because of the distance.  Creating added reverb and lowering the clarity. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 05:05:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.