ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why not Presonus  (Read 18078 times)

Spenser Hamilton

Re: Why not Presonus
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2016, 10:35:00 AM »

What's the 'Tale of Two Mixers?'  RM and Console?

A PDF released by Presonus soon after the release of the X32, it attempted to disparage the X32 while painting all of the (original) SL downfalls as features. I cannot find it online anymore.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Roland Clarke

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2016, 01:08:42 PM »

Whilst I would be the first to agree that the RM32ai has been slow to release the feature set promised/hinted at from the initial release I think some of the criticism levelled at it is slightly unfair.  Presonus have been a bit of a victim of their own success.  Many of their products perform very well at price points well below their performance levels.  In my personal experience much of what they have produced performs very well.  It has to be remembered when they put their first digital consoles out there the x32 was nowhere in sight as were the qu's and alike.  Having had fairly extensive experience with the RM32 in spite of its short comings it has great sound, usable effects, fairly straight forward operation.  Reliability in my experience has been good. 

I know there are a lot of x32's out there, but I've seen many problems and a fair share of failures.  With the cs18 the Presonus a good system at a very reasonable price and ultimately has very good sound quality.

Thomas Le

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2016, 01:27:10 PM »

A PDF released by Presonus soon after the release of the X32, it attempted to disparage the X32 while painting all of the (original) SL downfalls as features. I cannot find it online anymore.

https://soundforums.net/forum/pro-audio/junior-varsity/8992-presonus-shady-marketing-activities

Pat Talbot

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »

https://soundforums.net/forum/pro-audio/junior-varsity/8992-presonus-shady-marketing-activities

That's what the salesforce does...sell.  Sell the perceived differentiation from their competitors products and services.  Always has been and always will be.  Who knows how it worked or didn't work, but I do know PreSonus do not mention their competitors much, if any, these days in the marketing literature and presentations I've seen. 

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2016, 09:20:15 AM »

That's what the salesforce does...sell.  Sell the perceived differentiation from their competitors products and services.  Always has been and always will be.  Who knows how it worked or didn't work, but I do know PreSonus do not mention their competitors much, if any, these days in the marketing literature and presentations I've seen.

Which brings us back around to my original point. When Yamaha, Soundcraft, Allen & Heath and others wanted to counter the X32, they turned to their engineering staff to make competing products that enriched the market for all of us.

Presonus tapped their sales guys and released a half-baked document full of errors and omissions, trying to convince the market that all of the SLs shortcomings were actually features.

The fact that Presonus quietly swept this under the rug, and eventually updated their product line to compete in the marketplace tells us exactly how well that initial strategy worked for them.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Pat Talbot

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2016, 09:41:04 AM »

The fact that Presonus quietly swept this under the rug, and eventually updated their product line to compete in the marketplace tells us exactly how well that initial strategy worked for them.

Agreed...that was my inference.  It usually doesn't work...not well and not for long.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2016, 09:41:04 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.