ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Qsc Pld 4.5 for subs  (Read 1865 times)

Corey Schuster

Qsc Pld 4.5 for subs
« on: August 21, 2016, 10:53:04 PM »

Hello,
Would it be recommended to run the 4.5 in parallel mode to power 2 EV QRx218s's? Does anybody have positive/negative experiences using the pld series on sub duty?

Thanks,

Corey

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: Qsc Pld 4.5 for subs
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 11:04:18 PM »

Be patient. Mac will unlock your other thread eventually.
Short answer: They work fine.

I'd highly recommend getting two of the PLD4.5s and using 3 channels for each sub and 1 channel for each top. This is how I power my system. I have different speakers but they have similar power ratings. If one amp dies, you can use the other to power the whole system to get you by.

Corey Schuster

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 11:40:19 PM »

Sorry, I thought that thread would be dead for not following the rules. Initially I was thinking about running a plx3102 bridged to each sub, then a 3602 stereo to the tops. Most of what I have been reading suggests bridging the plx amps to 4 ohms for sub work is not suggested. That got me looking at the pld line of amps and wondering if they are better suited to subs. I really like the flexibility of the pld 4.5. I would probably start with using 1 in parallel to power the subs and use my existing rmx2450 to power the tops until I found another 4.5. I also like that I could power all 4 speakers at 1200 wpc from the 4.5 in a pinch.

Thanks
Corey

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 11:02:30 AM »

Sorry, I thought that thread would be dead for not following the rules. Initially I was thinking about running a plx3102 bridged to each sub, then a 3602 stereo to the tops. Most of what I have been reading suggests bridging the plx amps to 4 ohms for sub work is not suggested. That got me looking at the pld line of amps and wondering if they are better suited to subs. I really like the flexibility of the pld 4.5. I would probably start with using 1 in parallel to power the subs and use my existing rmx2450 to power the tops until I found another 4.5. I also like that I could power all 4 speakers at 1200 wpc from the 4.5 in a pinch.

Thanks
Corey

Who's recommending against bridging the PLX amps for sub duty?

We run PL380s in stereo for mains, and currently have 3 PLX3602s, each one bridged, running a total of six EAW SB180R subs (4-ohms per amp, 2-subs per amp) at our bigger/outdoor shows and things work great. The PLX3602s have been totally reliable and hit well. I'll eventually upgrade to a another PL380, but only when I make the shift to some TH-118s or Orbit Shifters.

I just acquired a PLD4.5 for monitor duty as well. Probably overkill... but, I like the ability of having it as a back-up as well.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 11:02:30 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.