ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Rental Management Software?  (Read 31441 times)

David Buckley

Re: Rental Management Software?
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 05:06:51 PM »

I've seen a lot of noise in UK places for Hirehop.

Beyond that, I know nothing, nothing.  Other than folks who use it seem to like it.

Aisle 6

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 05:29:14 PM »

The ones that I had narrowed down to were, Flex, Rental Point and Current RMS. I do not like Rental Point and Flex looks incredible, but is very pricey. I have demoed Current RMS and I love the look and feel of the program and it is priced well. It is my first pick at the moment, but I am open to others that have not been mentioned.

Weogo Reed

• Western NC,
    • LiveEdge
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 05:47:38 PM »

Hi Cailen,

Your cousin's great!
Just saw him today.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Tell my cousin Ben I say hi.... 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan McLeod

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 07:51:07 PM »

The ones that I had narrowed down to were, Flex, Rental Point and Current RMS. I do not like Rental Point and Flex looks incredible, but is very pricey. I have demoed Current RMS and I love the look and feel of the program and it is priced well. It is my first pick at the moment, but I am open to others that have not been mentioned.

As a RentalPoint user. I'm curious to know what you didn't like? (And that doesn't mean I like everything about it......)

hugovanmeijeren

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 08:04:27 AM »

You may want to have a look at Rentman (https://www.onlinerentalsoftware.com/), we have been using it for 2 years in our company and are very happy with it. It does all the things you are mentioning, except that it is not a full accounting package. You are able to do basic accounting though (such as making invoices), but it differs from more a specific accounting package, in that you cannot create subledgers, general ledgers and such).
Hugo van Meijeren

Aisle 6

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 09:06:01 PM »

Current RMS should tick all of these boxes plus the OP's requirements. It costs $50 per month for one user (one user can be logged in on multiple machines simultaneously) and another $20 for each additional user (e.g. to allow different access privileges for office vs workshop). It is cloud based, accessed through web browser. Supposed to be made with phones in mind too.

It isn't perfect but overall I am impressed, and developers add features based on customer votes. I personally tested numerous options (Rental Point, Point of Rental, Rental Desk, Intellievent and more that I forget now) and Current RMS was the clear winner for us.

Thanks Sven
I am leaning that way as well.
Cheers,
Scott

peter dakin

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 03:36:24 AM »

Thanks Sven
I am leaning that way as well.
Cheers,
Scott
I set a company up on a management software package and they went for FLEX, based upon my recommendation. Current was the 2nd option, but I found it lacking in terms of speed and layout and quote building.. Equipment lists just seemed like one giant list.
FLEX is expensive, but I found it to be the best.

I agree with whomever commented you sort of need someone to drive it and get it to a place where its useable for all, however I spent 6 months with the company and got them to that place. A lot of tweaks weren't made until it was "live" for them.
That 6 months also included cataloguing their entire inventory and barcoding everything! That takes a LONG time, but totally worth it!

Samuel Sjöbergsson

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 04:17:05 AM »

I am also looking for a good package.  I also want quoting so I can do a quote from my phone and email it out based on a template.

I don't think there is anything cloud based geared for the small operator who wants to spend less than $100 a month.

My other vocation is information tech and I have access to some of the best developers in the business.  We anchor a very successful open source project and I am familiar with the tools and workflow.

Your timing is good as I was going to start a thread on this.  My goal is to write it in a modern rapid development environment for PHP such as Code Igniter.  Must have full bootstrap support  http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/

What I want to do is put the code out on Open Source in github.  If someone know how to install a web server and connect an application to a SQL database they are free to run it on their own server and manage it.

If they want it hosted, in a datacenter, with backups that will be the revenue stream.  Free community based support and paid per incident support.

I am willing to commit some funding but I want to spread the risk around maybe 10 to 20 people.  We need a core group to write the requirements specs then we can use the kickstarter framework for the initial structure.

Profit is not the goal, just cover expenses long term.

What do you think?
I am really interested in this.

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

Jeff Pitt

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 08:41:22 PM »

I am curious to know what rental management software folks are using and or finding very good.

I have been searching for about 2yrs now and trying some demos. I have certainly narrowed down my personal picks, but want further input form others.

My wants are as follows -

1. Cloud based
2. Inventory management
3. Client management
4. Contractor management
5. Accounting software integration (with xero or similar)

SUBSCRIBED!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 10:54:58 PM »

SUBSCRIBED!

Great, interest has been over the top and there is activity behind the scenes.

We need to get the basic requirement drafted so the development time can be assessed.

I would like to start taking contributions for that document (writing contributions not monetary) after the labor day holiday.

Please think in terms of a requirement or a storyboard of a screen.

We need to go top down:

My first lob:

Software shall use the standard LAMP stack, Apache, MySQL and PHP.  Package shall run on *nix, BSD or Windoz servers.  Software will be published under the GPL. 

I want to reuse the module.xml structure developed for my other project as much as possible.  It is very simple and makes the task of group development easier, it is all open source so the installer and menu dispatcher is done out of box:

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/module.xml
http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/install.php

Modules:

IE: Inventory, scheduling, asset management, client management, backup  etc.

Once the core is written modules can get as specific as needed.   Since it is Open Source anyone can write a module. 

Reports:

IE: Asset aging, rental history etc.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 10:54:58 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.