ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: scanner/copier thingy  (Read 5359 times)

Stephen Kirby

Re: scanner/copier thingy
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 06:18:20 PM »

HP tends to have a lot of bloatware in their driver installs that's hard to get rid of.  I've been using a couple of small Canons for home use over the last 8 years.  But for small business I agree that a B&W laser is the most cost efficient.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 06:23:08 PM »

HP tends to have a lot of bloatware in their driver installs that's hard to get rid of.

Don't get me started on how bad the HP software usually is.  Which is annoying because their hardware is pretty nice.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 07:03:58 PM »

Brother MFC-J985DW

Super easy on ink (main selling point), runs solidly.  Love it.  The only drawback is it doesn't hold much paper.

I have the Brother MFC-J4510DW. Runs great ok on ink, can print to 11x17 single sheets, holds at least 100 sheets of 8.5x11. Fits in a foam lined Pelican 1610 with an extra set cartridges, a stapler and a ream of paper.

It's what I take to send all the daily frequency coords to all the stages at Panorama festival.

Mac

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 01:41:40 PM »

Don't get me started on how bad the HP software usually is.  Which is annoying because their hardware is pretty nice.

This is precisely why I'll never buy an HP all in one. The last one left droppings everywhere, and I had to go to great lengths to get that crap off my hard drive.  Their uninstall package sure as hell didn't do it. The printer was junk, too.  I have recently had Brother and Canon, no probs. 

I'm fine with HP for real printers, though.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 08:49:17 AM »

We've got the Brother MFC-9330CDW color laser jet for the shop office. It's fairly large, but lives on our wireless network and has been extremely reliable for printing, scanning and copying. The document feeder is a big plus. Color laser printing is very nice when sending out lighting plots and other color-coordinated plans for gigs.

Been using it fairly regularly for about 8 months and have yet to replace any of the toner.

Daniel Levi

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 12:27:02 PM »

Had an Oki mc342dn for the pas year or so, toner cartridges are not the largest in capacity but it seems fine with compatible cheapies (eBay's cheapest at £30 for a full set).
Does duplexing on both the adf and the output (which on the output will even duplex light card), has usb scanning and printing, can even do banners if needed and has a built in fax machine.
Cost circa £200.
Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 12:27:02 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.