ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [QUESTION] SENNHEISER - EW135-G3 - INFINITE SYNC  (Read 7160 times)

Fernando Lucchesi

[QUESTION] SENNHEISER - EW135-G3 - INFINITE SYNC
« on: August 19, 2016, 12:26:17 PM »

Hey, guys. How are you doing?

So, recently an old Sennheiser EW135 of mine starting to give me a headache.

It works fine for some time, then it randomly starts to re-sync, it does that for about 10 seconds, re-sych, then it starts all over again and keeps doing that infinitely. I tried changing batteries, turning if off and on, but the only way to fix it is to let it sit for the night and voilà, it works fine the next day until it starts doing that all over again. When it starts doing that it won't allow me to change between banks or to scan for new frequencies, it just keeps syncing and syncing non stop.

It's not a position related problem since it happened in venues 500 miles apart from each other, plus, my other Sennheiser EW135 works just fine simultaneously under the same conditions.

Do you guys have any thoughts on what could it be?

Thanks!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: [QUESTION] SENNHEISER - EW135-G3 - INFINITE SYNC
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 04:53:54 PM »

Do you guys have any thoughts on what could it be?

Thanks!

It's broken?
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Fernando Lucchesi

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 04:58:29 PM »

Nope. It is working fine right now. But eventually it'll start the sync loop

Enviado de meu Lenovo A6020l36 usando Tapatalk

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 05:05:42 PM »

Nope. It is working fine right now. But eventually it'll start the sync loop

Clearly the humor didn't translate.  Working sometimes is still broke.  It could be anything from transient interference to a marginal power supply.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Fernando Lucchesi

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:12:07 PM »

Clearly the humor didn't translate.  Working sometimes is still broke.  It could be anything from transient interference to a marginal power supply.
So I'm pretty much screwed? Would it be within the reach of an average electronic  technician's knowledge or should I Just sell it as scrap since there's not a sennheiser's maintenance shop in a 3,000 miles radius?

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 05:16:15 PM »

You don't even know it's broke.  Could just be interference.  What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

What is your role in all of this?

This is a forum, professionals helping professionals.  It's not free tech support.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Fernando Lucchesi

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 05:28:40 PM »

You don't even know it's broke.  Could just be interference.  What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

What is your role in all of this?

This is a forum, professionals helping professionals.  It's not free tech support.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
I tried changing frequecies, Banks, antennas, Power cord, position, af values, squelch, pilot tone. I rent and operate these equipments. Unfortunately my maintenance skills don't Go  far beyond replacing a busted capacitor, so I'm trying to assess wheter this is a common occurence among these products and if its repair would be a logistical nightmare.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 05:49:46 PM »

I tried changing frequecies, Banks, antennas, Power cord, position, af values, squelch, pilot tone. I rent and operate these equipments. Unfortunately my maintenance skills don't Go  far beyond replacing a busted capacitor, so I'm trying to assess wheter this is a common occurence among these products and if its repair would be a logistical nightmare.

Ok, I was being a bit frívolo in my replies.  "Actitud divertida" is one of the first things that gets lost in translation.  You didn't provide much data in your first post so I was trying to coax more out of you.

It sounds like you have more than covered your options and a trip back to Sennheiser may be inevitable.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Fernando Lucchesi

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 06:05:30 PM »

It's alright. I'm Sorry if I Look like a bum jumping in and asking for free tech support. Like I Said, my maintenance skills don't Go very far and I thought maybe I was missing something simple, so why not asking before sending my mic on a 9 month trip? Lol. I'm at bit Lost, I had a partner Who's an old friend of mine that used to take care of the most technical side of things. Unfortunately I had to let him Go last month after he developed a bad habit of getting drunk and sleeping during gigs, so I'm a little overwhelmed right now by the ammount of unfinnished work he left under the rug. I wish I could help more in the forums, but I still got a lot of Rust to scrape before I can do anyone any good. Well, anyway, thanks a lot for the help. I'll make sure to update the Post about the outcome of the mic, in case someone stumbles Upon the same issue

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 06:08:32 PM »

It's alright. I'm Sorry if I Look like a bum jumping in and asking for free tech support. Like I Said, my maintenance skills don't Go very far and I thought maybe I was missing something simple, so why not asking before sending my mic on a 9 month trip? Lol. I'm at bit Lost, I had a partner Who's an old friend of mine that used to take care of the most technical side of things. Unfortunately I had to let him Go last month after he developed a bad habit of getting drunk and sleeping during gigs, so I'm a little overwhelmed right now by the ammount of unfinnished work he left under the rug. I wish I could help more in the forums, but I still got a lot of Rust to scrape before I can do anyone any good. Well, anyway, thanks a lot for the help. I'll make sure to update the Post about the outcome of the mic, in case someone stumbles Upon the same issue

Not a problem at all.  Sounds like you are not having fun at all.  Just because I could not think of anything doesn't mean someone else might not have an idea.

I was just the first responder

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 06:08:32 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.