ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung View  (Read 54798 times)

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
Re: Samsung View
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2016, 09:12:17 AM »

The rehearsal showed 5-6 disconnects so still not good. I haven't done as you suggest Frank with the 5ghz band.  Would I need to connect my Airport express to the Internet to make those changes? That is where I get a little confused I'm afraid. I just don't understand why my iPad is so very stable and the Samsung so NOT!... Sheeeesh....
Annoying, at best.  I have a couple 7" tablets that won't connect bluetooth to the car, and an iPad that won't stay connected bluetooth to my home sound system.  Wireless. Love it and hate it.  As for your Samsung loosing WiFi.  What version of Andriod is loaded? Version 5 Lolipop had some issues, Version 6 Marshmallow seems to have sorted them out.  If you need help with the Apple Airport, drop me a PM.  I'll take a look at mine today.  Scott and Keith are correct about not needing to connect to the internet.

Nothing popped up on the internet search regarding problems specific to the View, but I did find these...

Try a couple settings changes on the tablet...

- When you go into the WiFi settings, click the options button on the tab, click options and see if WiFi timeout is on...Just change it to "Never"

- in the Wifi settings under "advanced" I unchecked "always allow scanning"

May help. No guarantees...
frank
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:25:12 AM by frank kayser »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2016, 09:43:37 AM »

Annoying, at best.  I have a couple 7" tablets that won't connect bluetooth to the car, and an iPad that won't stay connected bluetooth to my home sound system.  Wireless. Love it and hate it.  As for your Samsung loosing WiFi.  What version of Andriod is loaded? Version 5 Lolipop had some issues, Version 6 Marshmallow seems to have sorted them out.  If you need help with the Apple Airport, drop me a PM.  I'll take a look at mine today.  Scott and Keith are correct about not needing to connect to the internet.

Nothing popped up on the internet search regarding problems specific to the View, but I did find these...

Try a couple settings changes on the tablet...

- When you go into the WiFi settings, click the options button on the tab, click options and see if WiFi timeout is on...Just change it to "Never"

- in the Wifi settings under "advanced" I unchecked "always allow scanning"

May help. No guarantees...
frank

The 'Always allow scanning' options are only - ' Scan always'  or ' Scan only while wi fi is on'.
I dont see 'advanced' under wi fi settings.

I have noticed when I google solutions for this issue, other Samsung phones and tablets are mentioned that have different menus and setting options than the View. I'm going to play with it later today along with the router - get it switched to 5ghz and check it out...

Thanks everyone for your help......a positive is that when ever I have troubleshooting to do on anything that isn't a quick fix, I always end up learning something that I didn't know before so this is good learning tool for me.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

frank kayser

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2016, 09:55:21 AM »

The 'Always allow scanning' options are only - ' Scan always'  or ' Scan only while wi fi is on'.
I dont see 'advanced' under wi fi settings.

I have noticed when I google solutions for this issue, other Samsung phones and tablets are mentioned that have different menus and setting options than the View. I'm going to play with it later today along with the router - get it switched to 5ghz and check it out...

Thanks everyone for your help......a positive is that when ever I have troubleshooting to do on anything that isn't a quick fix, I always end up learning something that I didn't know before so this is good learning tool for me.

Arrgh. Android does have a larger installed base of devices than IOS, but there is a reason most "serious" apps are programmed for Apple - there is some form of consistency in the Apple iDevices versus the seemingly haphazard implementation of features/menus/versions/hardware that one has to deal with in programing for the Android world.  The Libertarian in me likes the Android "freedom", but the worker bee in me prefers the consistency and stability of IOS.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2016, 10:45:38 AM »

Scott and Keith are correct about not needing to connect to the internet.

The Airport Utility is a downloadable, stand alone bit of software for your device.
Once installed on laptop or iPad, you can access the router wirelessly or wired.
No internet access required.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2016, 12:52:53 PM »

I have noticed when I google solutions for this issue, other Samsung phones and tablets are mentioned that have different menus and setting options than the View.

The menus change with the different flavors of Android OS.  Unfortunately, in the Android world, updating the OS on most devices is not an option (they're stuck with what they were hatched with).  There's one area in which I admit that Apple does things better.

Dave

...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

frank kayser

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2016, 02:52:32 PM »

The menus change with the different flavors of Android OS.  Unfortunately, in the Android world, updating the OS on most devices is not an option (they're stuck with what they were hatched with).  There's one area in which I admit that Apple does things better.

Dave

Actually, they're unique based on service provider, and model.  Verizon Galaxy does not look the same as one from AT&T.  My Samsung tablet has different menus than my factory unlocked Samsung Galaxy with the same version of Android.  My Samsung Galaxy will talk to my car, my Samsung tablet won't. I've had my phone upgraded but not by Samsung, but the service provider.
I read an article the other day that even Google is having a hard time getting the manufacturers and service providers to toe the latest Android line.
There's always Cyanogen.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2016, 03:56:09 PM »

Well, one of the first things I did when I realized the 'staying connected' thing was proving to be a problem, was to turn off the bluetooth ( or so I thought. Frank mentioned it here but I didn't bother with it because I 'knew' it was already off..... However, about 90 minutes ago I went in to check just to make sure and it had been switched back on. I probably did that when going through the setting so many times to get this working..... got to stop assuming......so good suggestion Frank ! I switched it back off and it has been connected ever since - 90 minutes and counting.
I have another rehearsal this evening with everyone connecting to the Airport Express so I'll get another dry run. I hope this will be the one abut if not, I'll try the 5ghz suggestion.......
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

frank kayser

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2016, 04:22:18 PM »

Well, one of the first things I did when I realized the 'staying connected' thing was proving to be a problem, was to turn off the bluetooth ( or so I thought. Frank mentioned it here but I didn't bother with it because I 'knew' it was already off..... However, about 90 minutes ago I went in to check just to make sure and it had been switched back on. I probably did that when going through the setting so many times to get this working..... got to stop assuming......so good suggestion Frank ! I switched it back off and it has been connected ever since - 90 minutes and counting.
I have another rehearsal this evening with everyone connecting to the Airport Express so I'll get another dry run. I hope this will be the one abut if not, I'll try the 5ghz suggestion.......
Success one small step at a time.  :)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2016, 04:42:54 PM »

Actually, they're unique based on service provider, and model.  Verizon Galaxy does not look the same as one from AT&T.  My Samsung tablet has different menus than my factory unlocked Samsung Galaxy with the same version of Android.  My Samsung Galaxy will talk to my car, my Samsung tablet won't. I've had my phone upgraded but not by Samsung, but the service provider.
I read an article the other day that even Google is having a hard time getting the manufacturers and service providers to toe the latest Android line.
There's always Cyanogen.

I got a small android tablet in a Verizon deal to lower my cell phone rates. Two months later, yesterday, I decided to try it out and load a couple of apps.
I was horrified by the amount of permissions granted to the apps and there is no user control over those permissions (Firefox can add/delete accounts, record audio/video, send email or messages, make phone calls - even with the screen dark). After an hour of Internet reading, I powered the device off and when I get home will put it in a shielded bag. I will never touch another android device. Eek!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2016, 08:48:05 PM »

Quick update - over 6 hours - 4 devices on QU YOU, 3 iem transmitters, my home network and bridge, neighbors same and the Samsung is still connected........( shhhhhh -don't say anything yet.....)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2016, 08:48:05 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.