ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NFL referee wireless mic system choices  (Read 13274 times)

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
Re: NFL referee wireless mic system choices
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 07:50:12 PM »

Depending on what conference the college team is in there may be guidelines for the mute switch. I worked for a school in the Big Sky conference and they mandated that all facilities use the same Telex mute switch. We had Sennheiser 2000 series systems so integrating the Telex switch required some custom cable builds. Just food for thought.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 07:59:04 PM »

You could try this for 12dBd (15dBi) of gain. Also, use 400 series cables if they'll be more than a few feet long. That L-com has a very narrow vertical pattern for such a wide coverage application.

http://www.rfvenue.com/rf-venue-24-ghz-microphone-helical-antenna

The pattern seems pretty close to the situation - 50 yard line from six stories up and some distance back.  Last season I ended up with two access points in that spot, a few yards apart and with different antennas. And I put the access points right by the antennas, with very short cables.

BTW, our "custom windscreen" for Shure WL-184  has worked out pretty well after a couple seasons of trying other approaches.  It's the plastic frame from the standard windscreen, then a layer of Meyer grill foam, then a layer of automotive headliner foam (comes with a layer of thin cloth glued to it).  Sounds good, is quite wind-resistant, and nobody seems to care that it's about an inch in diameter.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 07:59:04 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 26 queries.