ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Delay Speakers - Setup Questions  (Read 14382 times)

veditor78

Re: Wireless Delay Speakers - Setup Questions
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »

I have been thinking a lot about the network on the SRX's.  I think the way to go is to steal 12v from the PS and put the AP in the tops then run a jumper down to the sub(s).  That's a lot of hacking for a new speaker. 

It looks like all of the communications between the speaker and the software is via an SNMP MIB.  I really want to walk the MIB with a software program and see if the software will spill it's guts.  Anyone feel like hooking their SRX up to an old hub (not a switch) and to a PC with an Ethernet port on it, boot the machine with a Linux live CD and let me SSH into the box to do some testing?  I will share anything useful I figure out?

You will also need Audio Architect or Band Manager running on another computer as I want to capture the traffic from the software to the host (speaker).

Put the Linux on a USB drive and I can do that. The only PC I have doesn't have a CD drive. The rest of my computers are Macs.
Josh Rawls

veditor78

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2016, 01:22:41 PM »

Is there no way to just dial in the delay on the LCD screen like on an ETX?

I prefer to dial it in thru the console/iPad, I can live with dialing it in at the speaker, but having to set up a network just to set DSP for a lounge level gig seems like at lot of extra work.

Unfortunately not. Only basic settings on the panel. Using AudioArchitect I believe I can save a setting in the DSP. Then I can recall it later without networking. That could be useful if I know for sure I'll be there again with the same setup.
Josh Rawls

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2016, 12:47:33 PM »

Unfortunately not. Only basic settings on the panel. Using AudioArchitect I believe I can save a setting in the DSP. Then I can recall it later without networking. That could be useful if I know for sure I'll be there again with the same setup.

Can you connect each speaker at home via RJ45 cable, set and save the config?
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

veditor78

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2016, 08:20:37 PM »

Can you connect each speaker at home via RJ45 cable, set and save the config?

I could, but I don't know the exact distance from FOH to the delay speakers. Once I have it setup at the venue I will save the setting. I expect to be back there again. This wedding is one of the big weddings of the year. I'm hoping to get a lot of work from the pictures and word of mouth.
Josh Rawls

veditor78

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2016, 12:19:05 PM »

The event was last night and went really well. The delay speakers worked perfectly after some troubleshooting with the networking.

Setting the delay and volume was easier that I than I thought it would be. That only took me a minute or two.

I put the wireless beltpack on a lighting stand to get it as high as I could, there were no issues with reception at all.

The owner of the venue came up to get a card from me because of how good the system sounded.

I wish I got some other pictures than the one below but I was short on time due to the troubleshooting.

Now I'm off to figure out a new mixer. I need a better EQ for the mic than what my Mackie offers.

Thank you to everyone for the help, I really appreciate it.
Josh Rawls

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2016, 12:19:05 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.