ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Delay Speakers - Setup Questions  (Read 14383 times)

Luke Robinson

• audio gods
Re: Wireless Delay Speakers - Setup Questions
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 04:09:20 AM »

A few 100 ft of xlr and a couple of rolls of gaff tape would be a much cheaper and more reliable solution for this, I have used the sennheiser IEM system to do this sort of thing as well and it does work but there is much more room for error than a cable. The cable will also sound better and will have less noise.

looking at your floor plan you probably have about a 150 ft path to each speaker from your FOH area down the side walls...

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 09:16:37 AM »

Are you buying the IEM set or do you have it already? If you have not purchased yet a wireless instrument set is better suited and it doesn't have to be an expensive one either I do this regularly with a Sennheiser Freeport system.

In this case the receiver gets taped to the top of the speaker and the beltpack stays at mix position and no special cables are necessary as the instrument beltpack comes with the Sennheiser specific 1/8" screw connect to 1/4" TS cable which will plug right into the monitor or booth output of most mixers. And with a fresh Energizer in the beltpack it lasts the whole evening(till 1am) no problem.

veditor78

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 09:55:40 AM »

Whereas the belt pack method will work, if I was setting up something like this, I'd actually use a pair of Sennheiser  standard receivers for getting the signal. Antenna cable from behind the wall to a position where I'd have line of sight to the transmitter position. Put A2003 directional antenna on everything.

I hope you're contacting one of the Sennheiser dealers on the forum here for buying your new gear. ;)

-Ray

I have not purchased yet. I was waiting on responses to this post. I am open for dealers to send me quotes, as always!
Josh Rawls

veditor78

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 09:56:57 AM »

These (Sennheiser EW3002IEM ) seem like a pretty expensive solution, especially if you aren't going to use them for IEMs later. I use Senny wireless beltpack transmitter (with a Senny CL2 cable) for the tranmsitter and put  receivers on the speaker.  Then you have a beltpack(s) for lavalier or headsets mics later if you need them.

I'll look into that. I do need some extra wireless mics anyways and I already have a beltpack transmitter. Great idea!
Josh Rawls

veditor78

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 09:58:02 AM »

Something to be said, tho, for a transmitter that's plugged in to the wall full time as opposed to being reliant on batteries. For a wedding DJ, that reliability is imperative.

That being said, I've done the beltpack transmitter to G3 receiver setup numerous times.

-Ray

Since these are only for the toasts and such they will only be used for a total of 30 minutes. I'm not worried about batteries. I can also get a battery eliminator to solve that issue.
Josh Rawls

veditor78

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 09:58:54 AM »

You might look at the Alto Stealth system.  Not too expensive and works reasonably well.

Their existing system works on 600MHz, which is a deal killer. Their new system isn't available until October or so.
Josh Rawls

veditor78

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 09:59:49 AM »

An issue I see is that you are going to have 80ish feet of delay from your FOH speakers to where the head table is.  That will be enough of a delay to cause issues with many people that are not comfortable speaking into a microphone.

I agree it will be an issue, but it is what it is. Wedding planners don't care about acoustics.
Josh Rawls

veditor78

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 10:01:01 AM »

You show the stage end but where is the mix position?

I use my wireless to get through walls. I tape the belt pack to the wall I need to get through. This weekend, in fact, I will use it to get speakers out to a patio at a wedding.

Run an XLR toward the rear to reduce the distance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The FOH is the mix position as well.

I will use your technique for receiver placement. Thanks for the tip.
Josh Rawls

veditor78

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2016, 10:02:11 AM »

A few 100 ft of xlr and a couple of rolls of gaff tape would be a much cheaper and more reliable solution for this, I have used the sennheiser IEM system to do this sort of thing as well and it does work but there is much more room for error than a cable. The cable will also sound better and will have less noise.

looking at your floor plan you probably have about a 150 ft path to each speaker from your FOH area down the side walls...

Agreed, but not possible. The venue will not allow the cable runs or use of gaff tape (or any other tape) on their floors.
Josh Rawls

veditor78

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2016, 10:03:29 AM »

Thank you to everyone for the responses. They gave me some great tips and I will definitely put them to use!
Josh Rawls

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2016, 10:03:29 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.