ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Delay Speakers - Setup Questions  (Read 9253 times)

Josh Rawls

Wireless Delay Speakers - Setup Questions
« on: August 10, 2016, 03:11:16 pm »

I have a wedding on the 20th where I need to setup delay speakers for the toasts and other announcements. I haven't done this before so I want to make sure I'm going the right direction. I know some have used the Sennheiser IEM for this exact purpose and would like their insight.

The main system will be 2 JBL SRX812P and one SRX828SP. It will get the main feed from a Mackie 1402VLZ3.

The delays will be SRX812P as well and will get an aux feed of just the microphones. I am buying a Sennhiser EW3002IEM to feed the delays. I'll have to buy some adapters like one of these (http://www.fullcompass.com/search.php?parent=471&search_simple=true&txtAll=M3-XM3-5-BLK) to connect the beltpack to the speaker. One question is which one is the best one?

Another question is how should I configure the beltpack? My DJ mixer outputs mono so I was going to set them as mono, what about the other settings?

The speakers will also have this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UAKCS6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) so I can connect them to the network wirelessly. That way I can set the delay access all the controls through the JBL SRX Connect app on my iPad.

I have attached a floor plan with dimensions so you can get a good idea of what I'm dealing with. FOH is marked and the red D's are where the delays will be (negotiable if better placement is seen). The wireless mic will be used at the head table for the toasts, prayer, speeches, etc. I have a wired mic at FOH for all other announcements.
Josh Rawls

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Wireless Delay Speakers - Setup Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 04:21:18 pm »

Whereas the belt pack method will work, if I was setting up something like this, I'd actually use a pair of Sennheiser  standard receivers for getting the signal. Antenna cable from behind the wall to a position where I'd have line of sight to the transmitter position. Put A2003 directional antenna on everything.

I hope you're contacting one of the Sennheiser dealers on the forum here for buying your new gear. ;)

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 05:29:05 pm »

I have a wedding on the 20th where I need to setup delay speakers for the toasts and other announcements. I haven't done this before so I want to make sure I'm going the right direction. I know some have used the Sennheiser IEM for this exact purpose and would like their insight.

The main system will be 2 JBL SRX812P and one SRX828SP. It will get the main feed from a Mackie 1402VLZ3.

The delays will be SRX812P as well and will get an aux feed of just the microphones. I am buying a Sennhiser EW3002IEM to feed the delays. I'll have to buy some adapters like one of these (http://www.fullcompass.com/search.php?parent=471&search_simple=true&txtAll=M3-XM3-5-BLK) to connect the beltpack to the speaker. One question is which one is the best one?

Another question is how should I configure the beltpack? My DJ mixer outputs mono so I was going to set them as mono, what about the other settings?

The speakers will also have this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UAKCS6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) so I can connect them to the network wirelessly. That way I can set the delay access all the controls through the JBL SRX Connect app on my iPad.

I have attached a floor plan with dimensions so you can get a good idea of what I'm dealing with. FOH is marked and the red D's are where the delays will be (negotiable if better placement is seen). The wireless mic will be used at the head table for the toasts, prayer, speeches, etc. I have a wired mic at FOH for all other announcements.

These (Sennheiser EW3002IEM ) seem like a pretty expensive solution, especially if you aren't going to use them for IEMs later. I use Senny wireless beltpack transmitter (with a Senny CL2 cable) for the tranmsitter and put  receivers on the speaker.  Then you have a beltpack(s) for lavalier or headsets mics later if you need them.

We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 05:32:06 pm »

These (Sennheiser EW3002IEM ) seem like a pretty expensive solution, especially if you aren't going to use them for IEMs later. I use Senny wireless beltpack transmitter (with a Senny CL2 cable) for the tranmsitter and put  receivers on the speaker.  Then you have a beltpack(s) for lavalier or headsets mics later if you need them.

Something to be said, tho, for a transmitter that's plugged in to the wall full time as opposed to being reliant on batteries. For a wedding DJ, that reliability is imperative.

That being said, I've done the beltpack transmitter to G3 receiver setup numerous times.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 06:48:53 pm »

You might look at the Alto Stealth system.  Not too expensive and works reasonably well.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 07:12:22 pm »

I've done EW300 IEM transmitter to multiple EM500 receivers and powered remote speakers.
As long as they are the same freq, it works great.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 07:30:30 pm »

An issue I see is that you are going to have 80ish feet of delay from your FOH speakers to where the head table is.  That will be enough of a delay to cause issues with many people that are not comfortable speaking into a microphone.
Brian Jojade

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 10:39:56 pm »

I just use a wireless belt pack and normal receiver.

No need to complicate things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 11:00:54 pm »

It looks like your delayed speakers are behind a wall. Will that cause problems with reception? Something to consider anyway.
"At first you don't succeed, go back to the drawing board."

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 12:15:34 am »

You show the stage end but where is the mix position?

I use my wireless to get through walls. I tape the belt pack to the wall I need to get through. This weekend, in fact, I will use it to get speakers out to a patio at a wedding.

Run an XLR toward the rear to reduce the distance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 12:15:34 am »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.