ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey RBN-215  (Read 3736 times)

John Lackner

Peavey RBN-215
« on: August 08, 2016, 09:15:21 PM »

Has anybody had any real world experience with Peavey RBN-215 subs? I heard them in a demo room at NAMM and was quite impressed, but that was a controlled environment. Anybody here with real world experiences and opinions with these? I'm seriously considering picking up a few of them.
Do you HEAR what you SEE? "Listen with your eyes, look with your ears" - Captain Beefheart

John Chiara

Re: Peavey RBN-215
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 11:37:12 PM »

Has anybody had any real world experience with Peavey RBN-215 subs? I heard them in a demo room at NAMM and was quite impressed, but that was a controlled environment. Anybody here with real world experiences and opinions with these? I'm seriously considering picking up a few of them.
I am assuming they include Maxxbass processing but even the manual does not specify.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 12:39:18 AM »

No real world experience, but given the price point, I know you can do better for the money.

I like peavey and they make good stuff. This is one of those things where I believe it should be left alone until the product is proven viable. An example of something I would liken this to would be the Line 6 Stage Source series. A speaker that is probably pretty darn good, but is expensive and could be discontinued tomorrow? Peavey has gone through a series of changes and while some of their tech is reliable and has staying power, some also does not; yet. This is new, has a gimmick to it and is certainly not a serious contender in the market. The price is a bit high given the lack of outright performance and gimmick nature of the speaker. I would go with an EV Live X series unit at half the cost before this right now.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

John Lackner

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 01:52:28 PM »

No real world experience, but given the price point, I know you can do better for the money.

I like peavey and they make good stuff. This is one of those things where I believe it should be left alone until the product is proven viable. An example of something I would liken this to would be the Line 6 Stage Source series. A speaker that is probably pretty darn good, but is expensive and could be discontinued tomorrow? Peavey has gone through a series of changes and while some of their tech is reliable and has staying power, some also does not; yet. This is new, has a gimmick to it and is certainly not a serious contender in the market. The price is a bit high given the lack of outright performance and gimmick nature of the speaker. I would go with an EV Live X series unit at half the cost before this right now.

Thanks for the input. Still on the fence.
Do you HEAR what you SEE? "Listen with your eyes, look with your ears" - Captain Beefheart

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 01:52:28 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.