ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question RE: Clearcom Freespeak II Base 2  (Read 1030 times)

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Question RE: Clearcom Freespeak II Base 2
« on: October 10, 2016, 01:12:14 pm »

Okay, i'm unclear on something that i am hoping someone here can help with.

I have a client with a Freespeak II system with 1.9G antennas.  They frequently travel overseas to europe and elsewhere.

I am aware that the DECT bands in the US are not the same as those in Europe, but i'm unclear about how Clearcom deals with that difference.  It seems logical that they would manufacture one type of antenna and BP and then limit them to the appropriate bands via software/firmware but i obviously don't know this to be true.

So the question is, is it possible to use the same system purchased for use in the US legally in Europe?  and if so, what is the procedure to change the system to be Europe compatible.

Thanks in advance.

[Note:  This was crossposted from the LAB forum since i posted it in the wrong place.  Doug/Mac feel free to delete original post]
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
bdmaudio@gmail.com

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Question RE: Clearcom Freespeak II Base 2
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 10:30:29 pm »

Okay, i'm unclear on something that i am hoping someone here can help with.

I have a client with a Freespeak II system with 1.9G antennas.  They frequently travel overseas to europe and elsewhere.

I am aware that the DECT bands in the US are not the same as those in Europe, but i'm unclear about how Clearcom deals with that difference.  It seems logical that they would manufacture one type of antenna and BP and then limit them to the appropriate bands via software/firmware but i obviously don't know this to be true.

So the question is, is it possible to use the same system purchased for use in the US legally in Europe?  and if so, what is the procedure to change the system to be Europe compatible.

Thanks in advance.

[Note:  This was crossposted from the LAB forum since i posted it in the wrong place.  Doug/Mac feel free to delete original post]

I don't know about legality.  Bands in different countries sometimes overlap but often don't.  Different antennas and Beltpacks are needed for each different DECT system there is no way, as I understand it, to change bands.

The 2.4 wifi band is the only universal band.  We own one 2.4 system and have never had any issues using it in stadiums or large venue situations due to heavy wifi usage.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:32:32 pm by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
peter@bestaudio.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.