ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Point taken - Guess I'm stupid and don't know how the world works  (Read 33223 times)

Rusty Stevens

Please feel free to delete the Danley thread, and any of my other threads. I'm apparently an idiot who doesn't understand how to make a purchase and have somehow sullied a God like brand. I appreciate everyone's feedback and will take this all to heart, hoping to improve my quality of life and how I deal with purchasing consumer goods.
Just Sayi'n

Yoel Farkas

• Classic LAB
  • eXpert Sound inc.
Re: Point taken - Guess I'm stupid and don't know how the world works
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 12:41:22 PM »

Please feel free to delete the Danley thread, and any of my other threads. I'm apparently an idiot who doesn't understand how to make a purchase and have somehow sullied a God like brand. I appreciate everyone's feedback and will take this all to heart, hoping to improve my quality of life and how I deal with purchasing consumer goods.
Just Sayi'n
as some one that had gone through a similar experience purchasing Danley products.

the reason i didn't feel bad about it is, because i worked hard to get it (and to get it on time)- now i finally have it and i enjoy it every moment of use.

you ran away to another brand. i noticed you are now unpacking it, and the guild start to come up. "maybe i would have to be more patience and get the Danley products"

just say to your self: if god wants me to have something else, that means its good for me at that time. and god wants me to enjoy what i have and try to improve in the future.

Good luck with your new system. it's enjoyable to test a new system. hold on with that enjoyment as long you can.
Yoel Farkas
Expert Sound inc.
Monroe, NY, USA

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 12:48:41 PM »

Rusty,

Please don't be upset. It is clear that Jamin missed the point of your post, several times. He did not understand that you TRIED to get Danley to take the sale. You tried several times, in fact. The best pricing in the world, or the best support, doesn't matter a hill of beans if you can't purchase the product in the first place.

In relating your story, though, you have shed light on the poor performance of their rep in your area, and the poor oversight by his manager, as well as the failure for their main office phone-answering-people to get your concerns addressed promptly. I know that for every person who complains publicly about something in the world, there are 10 people who just bit their tongue and moved on- so Danley is probably very appreciative that you have brought this issue to light.

I thank you for sharing. Once again, I feel you went above and beyond trying to get them to take the sale; that they lost it is entirely their fault.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 12:52:40 PM »

Mod...
Please lock this...again

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 12:58:21 PM »

Group hug...?

JR 8) (no offense intended)
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »

While this didn't completely descend into one, I've gotten caught up in flame wars on forums.  The great thing about this group is that it is mostly occupied by professionals and others who look at the service of SR as a professional endeavor.
I find it best to lurk on a forum for awhile and get a feel for the active participants.  There will be some that I find that I agree with on things where I have experience and therefore their assessment of things I haven't tried will probably work for me.  And others who's taste or approach are different.  I try not to make them wrong in my mind but I tend to just haze over their posts in any event.  There may be something to learn that catches my eye.  But if they're coming from a divergent opinion it doesn't add any value to invest time.  I'm sure the posts do add value to someone who's opinions are more aligned (I like Chevy more than Ford, but I own a Ford van since it was a good value to me at the time).
I get even more practice at this with FB and the current sociopolitical climate.  Friendships based on musical simpatico are more important to me than other divergent opinions.  So I just gloss over the things that don't work for me.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 02:17:37 PM »

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:22:47 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tom Danley

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 02:19:09 PM »

Just Sayi'n

Hi Rusty, guys
We are still a comparatively small company that doesn’t advertise and we depend on word of mouth and side by side comparisons for most of our sales.   So when someone searches us out, there is a strong incentive to provide the best service in every way we can.

While this is a key part of how we do things, it doesn’t mean none of us ever drop the ball and while we have a rep network with reps that handle other products in addition to ours, sometimes they have been known to drop the ball as well.  I don’t know if the office  figured out exactly where yours got dropped but I guess it did and I am sorry about that.     
Where ever that fumble happened don’t get the idea this is not taken seriously and it is being addressed.   
As you might be able to tell from the tone elsewhere here, we try to supply and heck, I try to design loudspeakers that as greatly as possible out perform their price and that most customers are delighted with and some are willing to talk about in forums like this.
Anyway, I’m sorry it didn’t work out this time around, this was not business as usual.
Best Regards
Tom Danley

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 03:17:01 PM »

Why?

Because it is only an attempt to continue an already locked thread just to get in the last word.

What's the purpose of locking a thread if somebody starts it all over again.

Move on

Michael Lascuola

• WoodlawnSound.com
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 03:27:09 PM »

Group hug...?

JR 8) (no offense intended)
This is why we need a 'Like" button  :)
Colorado Springs, CO

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 03:27:09 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 25 queries.