ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Point taken - Guess I'm stupid and don't know how the world works  (Read 33234 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Point taken - Guess I'm stupid and don't know how the world works
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2016, 10:57:36 PM »

I've had roughly the same number of good experiences and bad experiences from every vendor I have dealt with.  I've had gear failures from Crown, Allen&Heath, Chauvet, Sennheiser, Vari-lite, and others.  I've had sales or service problems with EAW, Chauvet, Allen&Heath, JBL, etc.  My latest issue is discovering that the nesting strips on my latest Danley TH118 are opposite my earlier batch from 2013. I have worked through issues in the past, and I'm sure will have more issues in the future.

Every person is entitled to set their own threshold of when the BS gets significant enough to warrant a change.  Rusty is not wrong for taking his money elsewhere.  Neither is Danley a bad company.  We work in a very small industry and due to the capital cost of inventory and the logistical challenges of shipping heavy speakers around the country, it can be hard to source gear. 

Live and let live, and let's make some music.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2016, 02:16:41 AM »

Hey guy's. Far be it from to not wade into a good fight, especially when I admire the combatants as much as I do you knuckleheads above. Give rusty a break why don't you. I've been where he's just gone, and I'm sure so have every one of us at some point in time with one company or another. So someone dropped the ball on the Danley side and Rusty bought orange because he became frustrated. Simple, done, let it fucking go. It's not like he bought cheap shit, it's not like Tom and the boys won't learn from this, and we all know Tom Danley and company to be a first class or manufacturer of fine pro sound products. I too would like to hear the products at some point, but they're hard to find in the wild, so my only point would be to suggest that Tom set up some listening sites in area's where it will help people decide on the purchase. Other than that there's nothing more to say here.

Except.........

I volunteer to set up a listening site right here just outside of Boston within a 2 hour drive of 4 states.

Combatants? Really? (I know you're just kidding  ;D)

I look at it as a discussion.

Why does it have to be considered a fight if you have a difference of opinion?

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2016, 02:19:02 AM »

At least email has a bit of a record, as opposed to text messages. I HATE when people text me-- a) there's no record of it, and b) it's hard to write a message on a phone- unless it's a one word answer, I would prefer to email.

Actually, I find there's better records of an email then there is of a phone call-- at least there are email server logs and such.

Either way, glad every thing is getting worked out!

-Ray

Didn't you say you were dropping out of this discussion?

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2016, 02:21:53 AM »

I know that for awhile the "general email went nowhere.

That is one thing I HATE about emails, you never know if it actually went through.

I have things all the time that just "disappear" without ever getting to where they were intended.

Maybe that is what happened to your email.  We are sorry if that is the case.

Call me old fashioned-but I like the confirmation of a phone call.  That way at least I KNOW I have talked to somebody.

I know the OP did call and talk to someone.  That is being looked into.  I have no idea or comment about that.

Exactly.

Just because you "sent an e-mail" doesn't mean they received it.

If you don't get a reply to your email...get off your ass and follow up. Make a phone call. Jezz

Rusty Stevens

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2016, 08:16:13 AM »

First I'd like to apologize to the community.

I normally don't let trolls get to me and try not to take insults personally when they come from the web. It's not an excuse but I'm dealing with some issues at home that have me on edge right now (nothing serious, typical kid graduating high school and getting the know it all I'm an adult now attitude). I should have let the minor insults go and got caught up in defending myself. Thank you all for your patience.

My last word on this subject.

Danley has been great post fallout. I wish the timing of my needs worked out better, but these things happen. I wish them the best of luck in getting their house sorted.

As far as other posters and their opinions, I have no issues with opposing opinions, and I enjoy a good debate. When someone feels the need to toss insults, and insinuations questioning another person's character into the mix they aren't really trying to state an opinion. The opinion is a "cover story" for the real reason they are speaking. I took the relatively minor attacks here personally and I should have done a better job ignoring them. For that I am sorry. The moderators locked the last thread, and the last post was a sarcastic attack insinuating that I'm stupid and don't know one of the basic principals of customer service. I apologize for opening this thread in anger. I took some time away and let my head cool a bit. I'm done with this discussion, and once again... Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely
Rusty Stevens

Please feel free to delete the Danley thread, and any of my other threads. I'm apparently an idiot who doesn't understand how to make a purchase and have somehow sullied a God like brand. I appreciate everyone's feedback and will take this all to heart, hoping to improve my quality of life and how I deal with purchasing consumer goods.
Just Sayi'n

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2016, 08:44:41 AM »

Didn't you say you were dropping out of this discussion?
Jamin:

Comments like that are unhelpful and unprofessional. Since we clearly are using two different versions of the English language, allow me to explain my previous post:

Since there was no point continuing the conversation with you regarding the topic of Danley and the 'dropped ball,' I chose to discontinue my participation rather then to make a futile effort getting you to understand the OP's point of view.

My latest point is on a new tangent of the subject, and is no longer a conversation with you.

I would ask that you refrain from continuing that unhelpful conversation, at least with me.

Thank you.

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2016, 09:25:53 AM »

Please do. 
I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I would make some time to go hear a demo of some of Danley products. And if this were to happen I would hope I could make it. We all know in this industry scheduling time to get to something like this can be a pain. I haven’t been able to make it to InfoComm in years due to it always being during graduation season.

Jay, did you say you are in CT? Have we ever talked about that?

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2016, 09:38:04 AM »

First I'd like to apologize to the community.

I normally don't let trolls get to me and try not to take insults personally when they come from the web. It's not an excuse but I'm dealing with some issues at home that have me on edge right now (nothing serious, typical kid graduating high school and getting the know it all I'm an adult now attitude). I should have let the minor insults go and got caught up in defending myself. Thank you all for your patience.

My last word on this subject.

Danley has been great post fallout. I wish the timing of my needs worked out better, but these things happen. I wish them the best of luck in getting their house sorted.

As far as other posters and their opinions, I have no issues with opposing opinions, and I enjoy a good debate. When someone feels the need to toss insults, and insinuations questioning another person's character into the mix they aren't really trying to state an opinion. The opinion is a "cover story" for the real reason they are speaking. I took the relatively minor attacks here personally and I should have done a better job ignoring them. For that I am sorry. The moderators locked the last thread, and the last post was a sarcastic attack insinuating that I'm stupid and don't know one of the basic principals of customer service. I apologize for opening this thread in anger. I took some time away and let my head cool a bit. I'm done with this discussion, and once again... Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely
Rusty Stevens

Rusty,

Please show me where I made a direct insult toward you and I will be more than happy to apologize for it.

I will always defend myself to the hilt for any false statements.

Now..I will say I'm sorry for any statements I made that you perceived as an insult. I can assure you it was not my intension to insult anybody or make them feel stupid. 

Sorry if it came across that way.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:40:23 AM by Jamin Lynch »

Jay Marr

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2016, 10:00:20 AM »

I would make some time to go hear a demo of some of Danley products. And if this were to happen I would hope I could make it. We all know in this industry scheduling time to get to something like this can be a pain. I haven’t been able to make it to InfoComm in years due to it always being during graduation season.

Jay, did you say you are in CT? Have we ever talked about that?

I am in Boston (I think Bob L. is as well).

I have never been to InfoComm, but usually go to NAMM.  But trying to 'hear' speakers at NAMM is just really difficult.

I always ponder about picking up some SM80's and finally ending my gear search/buy/sell cycle....but haven't had my ears on them yet.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 10:58:35 AM »

How available are rentals?  A local town I do music in the park events for used to have a once a summer larger event they are thinking of resurrecting.  This came up while I was trying to talk them into putting a CS outlet on the patio where the current events are.
From what I've seen I think an SM80 over dual TH118s would be ideal for this.  And I'd be interested in renting such a rig if the event comes to fruition.  Which would be a gateway drug to owning a next level set up.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 10:58:35 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.