ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Point taken - Guess I'm stupid and don't know how the world works  (Read 21674 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Point taken - Guess I'm stupid and don't know how the world works
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 03:30:08 pm »

May I ask why the original thread got locked in the first place?
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 03:33:31 pm »

Rusty,

Please don't be upset. It is clear that Jamin missed the point of your post, several times. He did not understand that you TRIED to get Danley to take the sale. You tried several times, in fact. The best pricing in the world, or the best support, doesn't matter a hill of beans if you can't purchase the product in the first place.

In relating your story, though, you have shed light on the poor performance of their rep in your area, and the poor oversight by his manager, as well as the failure for their main office phone-answering-people to get your concerns addressed promptly. I know that for every person who complains publicly about something in the world, there are 10 people who just bit their tongue and moved on- so Danley is probably very appreciative that you have brought this issue to light.

I thank you for sharing. Once again, I feel you went above and beyond trying to get them to take the sale; that they lost it is entirely their fault.

-Ray

The problem is that YOU are totally missing MY point.

Why would you just come on the PSW and immediately start bashing a company when anybody who has been on this forum for even a very short time knows or should know there are PLENTY of Danley folks who would be more than glad to help out.

Obviously the OP has been here before.

It would have been a lot better if it started out as.."Hey guys I want to buy some brand (whatever) products, but I'm having trouble finding a dealer. Can somebody help.?"

It's not that hard.

Now you can lock it  ;D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:35:45 pm by Jamin Lynch »
"At first you don't succeed, go back to the drawing board."

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 03:34:00 pm »

May I ask why the original thread got locked in the first place?

It got locked in the first place because it was just repeating itself and various posters haranguing the OP with no purpose. It was going nowhere. Now it seems those same posters have decided to continue it here.

Mac

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 03:47:00 pm »

It got locked in the first place because it was just repeating itself and various posters haranguing the OP with no purpose. It was going nowhere. Now it seems those same posters have decided to continue it here.

Mac

Thanks Mac.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 04:21:12 pm »

Why would you just come on the PSW and immediately start bashing a company when anybody who has been on this forum for even a very short time knows or should know there are PLENTY of Danley folks who would be more than glad to help out.

It would have been a lot better if it started out as.."Hey guys I want to buy some brand (whatever) products, but I'm having trouble finding a dealer. Can somebody help.?"

It's not that hard.

Now you can lock it  ;D
I understand your point(s). You feel that the company in question can do no wrong, and even if this is an isolated incident, there is no reason for them to know about it.

I wish I lived in such a perfect world that NOTHING ever goes wrong...

If I did not already have concrete evidence to prove this is the case, I would bet you a thousand bucks, right now, that Danley is DAMN APPRECIATIVE to have this come up, so they can address the problem(s) in their rep system.

[And again, Rusty followed the established sales process as far as he could. Especially since he was trying to get a demo, something that would not be as easy for Danley dealers on here to help him with! How many times do people come on here complaining that they went "out of channels" and nothing got accomplished? And the group response is always, "Follow the rules, follow the process, and you should be OK." Something broke, AND THAT'S OK- because it's being fixed.]

I apologise to Mac, and the community, if I am one of those "same posters" who is "repeating itself (sic)" - but I do not agree with the premise that a customer of ANY company should accept being apparently blown off when they are there, money in hand, trying to make a purchase. And Mr. Hedden and Mr. Danley appear to feel the same way.

Thanks,

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 04:28:01 pm »

I understand your point(s). You feel that the company in question can do no wrong, and even if this is an isolated incident, there is no reason for them to know about it.

I wish I lived in such a perfect world that NOTHING ever goes wrong...

If I did not already have concrete evidence to prove this is the case, I would bet you a thousand bucks, right now, that Danley is DAMN APPRECIATIVE to have this come up, so they can address the problem(s) in their rep system.

[And again, Rusty followed the established sales process as far as he could. Especially since he was trying to get a demo, something that would not be as easy for Danley dealers on here to help him with! How many times do people come on here complaining that they went "out of channels" and nothing got accomplished? And the group response is always, "Follow the rules, follow the process, and you should be OK." Something broke, AND THAT'S OK- because it's being fixed.]

I apologise to Mac, and the community, if I am one of those "same posters" who is "repeating itself (sic)" - but I do not agree with the premise that a customer of ANY company should accept being apparently blown off when they are there, money in hand, trying to make a purchase. And Mr. Hedden and Mr. Danley appear to feel the same way.

Thanks,

Ray

I never said or implied that.

I did say that even the best running back fumbles sooner or later. 

I'm not sticking up for Danley, I don't own any of their products. I didn't feel it was right to come on here and just start bashing them right out of the box.

It was the way it was originally presented I don't agree with.

It was really easy for him to get help, pretty much immediately, after posting here.

That's what I mean by "it's not that hard to get help."

Now...The water is already gone under the bridge.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:37:59 pm by Jamin Lynch »

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 04:31:40 pm »

Since I do not have time to go and quote the multiple times that you stated that the OP didn't undergo *nearly* enough effort to try and get Danley to take his money, I am going to drop out of this conversation now.

Thanks and good luck-

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 05:03:11 pm »

Since I do not have time to go and quote the multiple times that you stated that the OP didn't undergo *nearly* enough effort to try and get Danley to take his money, I am going to drop out of this conversation now.

Thanks and good luck-

Ray

Well I took the time to go back and read all my posts

Didn't see anything where I stated anything like what you have stated.

I did see where I suggested what "I" would have done....big difference

Pretty sad when you can't have a simple disagreement here without somebody getting offended.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:08:54 pm by Jamin Lynch »

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 05:58:16 pm »

It's not that hard.

Now you can lock it  ;D

I have to admit that when I first read the post I thought that sending after the purchase had a tinge of anger to it.  We can't see into the guys heart and know if he wanted to provide meaningful feedback or was trying to wave the purchase in somebodies face.

This could have been, from the OP's perspective a very large purchase with an emotional connection.  Who knows. 

The key is there was a process slip on the Danley side, they responded quickly and appropriately. 

The rest of the dialog didn't seem to have much person and took on a lot of vitriol.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 06:40:34 pm »

Hey guy's. Far be it from to not wade into a good fight, especially when I admire the combatants as much as I do you knuckleheads above. Give rusty a break why don't you. I've been where he's just gone, and I'm sure so have every one of us at some point in time with one company or another. So someone dropped the ball on the Danley side and Rusty bought orange because he became frustrated. Simple, done, let it fucking go. It's not like he bought cheap shit, it's not like Tom and the boys won't learn from this, and we all know Tom Danley and company to be a first class or manufacturer of fine pro sound products. I too would like to hear the products at some point, but they're hard to find in the wild, so my only point would be to suggest that Tom set up some listening sites in area's where it will help people decide on the purchase. Other than that there's nothing more to say here.

Except.........

I volunteer to set up a listening site right here just outside of Boston within a 2 hour drive of 4 states.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 06:40:34 pm »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.