ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dB DVX PSW218 vs. JTR OS vs. Danley TH118 (sorrrry)  (Read 2483 times)

Will Cash

dB DVX PSW218 vs. JTR OS vs. Danley TH118 (sorrrry)
« on: August 03, 2016, 02:51:32 pm »

Okay, I know the latter options are a completely different design, but humor me.

The amp will be one iTech 8000 running a single pair of one of the above.

Does anyone have experience with these dB 2x18s? They seem to have similar specs to the Bassboss 218s which have received some pretty glowing reviews for front-loaders on here...

I see a user here selling a pair of Orbit Shifters but they are the 2010 model. Am I going to take a significant, noticable loss going with the 2010 vs. the current model of those -- in relation to these other options.

Thanks so much....

(again this is being used for a semi-mobile setup to produce live avant-garde, electronic, dj, and band acts underneath a pair of RCF 4Pro 6001a)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:54:24 pm by Will Cash »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: dB DVX PSW218 vs. JTR OS vs. Danley TH118 (sorrrry)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 04:49:35 pm »

Okay, I know the latter options are a completely different design, but humor me.

The amp will be one iTech 8000 running a single pair of one of the above.

Does anyone have experience with these dB 2x18s? They seem to have similar specs to the Bassboss 218s which have received some pretty glowing reviews for front-loaders on here...

I see a user here selling a pair of Orbit Shifters but they are the 2010 model. Am I going to take a significant, noticable loss going with the 2010 vs. the current model of those -- in relation to these other options.

Thanks so much....

(again this is being used for a semi-mobile setup to produce live avant-garde, electronic, dj, and band acts underneath a pair of RCF 4Pro 6001a)

Questions about JTR speakers can be sent to Jeff at JTR.  He's a friendly guy that goes out of his way to help folks before and after purchase and he'll straight up tell you the differences between the 2010 model and current production (probably the speaker itself).

Bass Boss is also a responsive shop that will gladly answer questions about their products.  Also run by good folks...

We're DB Technologies dealers so I won't comment on comparisons.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Will Cash

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 05:30:45 pm »

Doesn't bother me if you comment... kick the knowledge please

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 05:34:15 pm »

Doesn't bother me if you comment... kick the knowledge please

What he means is that, as a DB Tech dealer, he would be in a different position because of the self-interest. It would be like you asking a question about Shure vs AT wireless microphone systems- since I am a dealer for Shure, but not for AT, naturally I would make comments designed to steer you towards Shure.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Will Cash

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 08:36:20 pm »

What I mean to say is, by all means Sell Me.

Rick Powell

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 01:44:04 am »

What I mean to say is, by all means Sell Me.

Will, we tend to be more "Consumer Reports" around here than "QVC Channel"...and while we will get a manufacturer or retailer on here every once in awhile, they tend to answer specific questions about their product that come up, without getting into Brand X vs. Brand Y sales pitches.

thirtha chengappa

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 06:58:04 am »

Dear will, let me make this easy for you. Kindly tell me what crowd size / venue size, and type of music you want to handle - and what your budget is. It will make things easy for me, .......... and hopefully for the rest to answer.

Will Cash

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 10:25:07 am »

I was barking up the wrong tree, sorry.

Can anyone tell me if they've had experience with the dB DVX PSW218? does it run equally well in vertical stack as the images show?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 10:25:07 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.