ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley SH95 over TH118?  (Read 5768 times)

John L Nobile

Re: Danley SH95 over TH118?
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 01:14:36 am »

Also to note I was totally kidding. The sh96 is big and really a long throw type of box. I don't think it sounds great right in front, but as you back up, man it sings...

It sounds great in front too. Maybe you were getting too much monitor spill. Big? Not for the output.

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 09:18:19 pm »

It sounds great in front too. Maybe you were getting too much monitor spill. Big? Not for the output.

Well, just sounded a little harsh up close, but that's likely because it was loud. I still have two demo units in the shop I need to play with more. They do throw for days, pretty sure I could cover the other side of downtown of I got them up high enough....

And for the output and coverage they are really not much worse than an 850 or X array box and put out way more.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2016, 09:14:46 am »

Well, just sounded a little harsh up close, but that's likely because it was loud. I still have two demo units in the shop I need to play with more. They do throw for days, pretty sure I could cover the other side of downtown of I got them up high enough....

And for the output and coverage they are really not much worse than an 850 or X array box and put out way more.
All speakers will sound harsh-once the level get to loud for your ears.

The ear can only take a certain amount of level before it starts to "shut down" and try to protect itself.

This manifests  (sounds like) harsh sound. 

Around 3KHz ish is the first to stick out.  That is where our hearing mechanism is the most sensitive.

I have experience many cases in which I SWORE the HF drivers were shredded, but when the level at my ears was reduced-by moving further away, they sounded fine.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 09:33:58 pm »

Also to note I was totally kidding. The sh96 is big and really a long throw type of box. I don't think it sounds great right in front, but as you back up, man it sings...

the (phone?) mic in this video is about 4m from sh96ho speakers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poPB379vutQ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 09:33:58 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.