ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Monoprice Zoom Wash  (Read 8407 times)

Brian_Henry

• NJ
    • Mountainside Studios, LLC
Re: Monoprice Zoom Wash
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 09:40:12 PM »

I have some monoprice pars and a couple have noisy fans now too. Sometimes just at startup and then they quiet down. I expect the fans to fail sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graham Spice

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 12:14:55 PM »

When I met with the manager in charge of Monoprice lighting at the NAMM show in January, he said that they had not been very happy with the Zoom Wash fixture.

When looking for a replacement, obviously the Chauvet Rogue RH1 Hybrid would be great but the price is not realistic for me. The Intimidator Hybrid 140SR and Intimidator Wash Zoom 450 IRC both cost about the same but have drastically different features. I'm not as familiar with the options in other brands but am also considering other US-based distributors like ArtFox.

I am still using them but they are not without issues. 1 of 8 failed (no light) and 3 developed noisy fans. Not up to the standard of other Monoprice fixtures but at least the warranty is good. I would be very interested if you find a replacement.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 06:31:28 PM »

If Chauvet has something you like, let me quote it for you.
Quality has value.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 09:50:10 PM »

I have a near direct dealer from China who got me some of these RGBAW+UV LED Zoom's ~450w 60* - ~20* for pretty cheap, less than monoprice for sure with flight cases.

I really like them, especially on front wash because there's almost zero focusing, and they are super wide allowing for some very close distances.

They don't like low voltages though and will easily get 'stuck' meaning no control and stuck in a single position with light on (the microprocessor needs resetting at that point).

If you want pics, go to my facebook.com/nailedproductions page and see the homecoming or other event albums.

That being said, Dave's post about quality has merit, and I am slowly transitioning my inventory into quality components I can trust/rely upon. They are great for a startup as they ease the bank account ;)
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Jim Layton

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 09:05:14 AM »

When I met with the manager in charge of Monoprice lighting at the NAMM show in January, he said that they had not been very happy with the Zoom Wash fixture.

When looking for a replacement, obviously the Chauvet Rogue RH1 Hybrid would be great but the price is not realistic for me. The Intimidator Hybrid 140SR and Intimidator Wash Zoom 450 IRC both cost about the same but have drastically different features. I'm not as familiar with the options in other brands but am also considering other US-based distributors like ArtFox.

I just ordered two Monoprice LED pars directly from them as Sale items. They were the RGBAW-UVs. I needed two truss warmers and figured for $207.00 delivered these would be worth a try. The fixture has rubber feet that makes it easy to set it down and forget it inside the truss. I run Chauvet but figured I'd try these. I am also wondering about Marq also.

Speaking of China and the same light with different names...I work with a company who buys consumer-grade water testing electronics from a Chinese supplier. There are a lot of similar-looking devices but my contact says that he is able to get the manufacturer to improve the product as his orders increase. IDK if they are just BS-ing him but I've seen manufacturing issues decline as modifications are made. Who knows if all the other brands also receive the fixes though.
Between Allentown & Philadelphia

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »

Just got one of these off ebay.  At power up, it says reseting, their spelling not mine.  It jumps and vibrates like its trying to move but is confused.  Then at about 3/4 of reseting progress bar, the red "err" comes on, then proceeds to normal menu.. This is without dmx plugged in.  Any ideas?  Bad unit?  Otherwise works fine at least during test mode.  Have not tried dmx yet.   Help! Please!

Oops, replied to a Zombie Thread.  Read AYOR.

Is the pan/tilt restricted in any way?  One of things moving lights do at power up is calibrate the location of everything that moves, externally and internally (color & gobo wheels, etc).  If any of those are bound up a mover will display an error code.

We had another manufacturer's demo unit come in and the zoom was bound up.  Turns out that the shipper had drop-kicked the box across the country.  We were able to repair the unit, do our demo and return it to the manufacturer.  We were impressed enough to buy a dozen or so of them.

Haven't tried the Monoprice unit but we've got 16 units that were double that price but still far cheaper than the Martin model they emulate and we've had 1 zoom motor die, a couple of XLR/DMX connector issues, but nothing major - no fires, no shorting mains AC.  How well the Monoprice units will do, I can't say.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 12:41:16 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.