ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GLD80 - black screen and last scene lost after reboot  (Read 1666 times)

Andrea Litti

• my FB page
GLD80 - black screen and last scene lost after reboot
« on: July 28, 2016, 05:26:36 pm »

hi all, as in the subject: Gld80 (v.1.50) first freezed for 20 seconds (like 60 minutes ago), then the screen turned black. At the reboot the last scene saved got lost...any chances to recover it? first band should've started their show about now...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:30:13 am by Andrea Litti »

Scott Slater

Re: urgent: GLD80 - black screen and last scene lost after reboot
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 07:07:07 am »

Did the console possibly reboot?

If the power was interrupted or the console rebooted (not properly shutdown), the current state could be lost.

Black Screen:

I'm not sure if this is related but the screen will stay black for about 30 seconds with only a blinking cursor during boot if you have the network setup to use DHCP, and are not presently connected to a rounter/DHCP server.  Using a static IP will allow it to boot much quicker.

Andrea Litti

• my FB page
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 11:22:29 am »

Scott,

thanks for the reply. I was not using the desk myself, I was at another show and another tech (a trusted friend of mine) was using it but the desk is mine. Yes: the console was rebooted without a proper shutdown since the screen was not working... Fact is, a couple of weeks ago that same desk faced at least three or four unwanted reboots in a night due to power going away and coming back abruptly cause we were hooked to a bad power source with a weak breaker. Earlier that day I myself hd experienced a short freeze from the desk, like 10 seconds, with sound coming out of it anyway, but no other consequences.

I'm just afraid that the desk's internal computer may have suffered permanent injuries in that occasion and a simple update to v1.51 won't solve the problem

Thanks again

Did the console possibly reboot?

If the power was interrupted or the console rebooted (not properly shutdown), the current state could be lost.

Black Screen:

I'm not sure if this is related but the screen will stay black for about 30 seconds with only a blinking cursor during boot if you have the network setup to use DHCP, and are not presently connected to a rounter/DHCP server.  Using a static IP will allow it to boot much quicker.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 01:27:06 pm »

Scott,

thanks for the reply. I was not using the desk myself, I was at another show and another tech (a trusted friend of mine) was using it but the desk is mine. Yes: the console was rebooted without a proper shutdown since the screen was not working... Fact is, a couple of weeks ago that same desk faced at least three or four unwanted reboots in a night due to power going away and coming back abruptly cause we were hooked to a bad power source with a weak breaker. Earlier that day I myself hd experienced a short freeze from the desk, like 10 seconds, with sound coming out of it anyway, but no other consequences.

I'm just afraid that the desk's internal computer may have suffered permanent injuries in that occasion and a simple update to v1.51 won't solve the problem

Thanks again
I would update to 1.51.  Losing power - other than losing your last couple minutes of mix changes - won't permanently damage the board, but if it's unreliable, it may need a ride back to the factory for diagnosis.

If you routinely deal with poor quality power, an inexpensive UPS is probably a good idea.  I have not found my GLDs to be particularly sensitive, but they would help you not lose your mix changes if you do take a significant hit.

Scott Slater

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 02:38:55 pm »

Hi Andrea,

I would also suggest grabbing the logs from the mixer and zipping them up and sending them to A&H's support along with a description of the problems encountered.

Also clearing the logs (after saving them), and doing factory reset, and then upgrading to v.151 couldn't hurt either.

Andrea Litti

• my FB page
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 08:15:24 am »

Thanks for the replies. TJ, I already thought about buying a UPS after this last accident, and will upgrade to 1.51 after factory reset as both you and Scott suggest

Clearing logs is something I do routinely. I'm gonna check if i can send them to A&H (I told my friend who was doing the job that day to clear them)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 07:36:03 am »

Thanks for the replies. TJ, I already thought about buying a UPS after this last accident, and will upgrade to 1.51 after factory reset as both you and Scott suggest

Clearing logs is something I do routinely. I'm gonna check if i can send them to A&H (I told my friend who was doing the job that day to clear them)
There really isn't any reason to clear the logs. I wouldn't consider that a helpful maintenance step.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 07:36:03 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.