ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BTR 800 antenna combining  (Read 6153 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: BTR 800 antenna combining
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 12:04:53 AM »

As further info and practical gig requirements come to light, I have a good solution. The 2 BTRs only need to service 2 separate channels of com.
There is a way to connect the 2 BTR base stations to allow integration of audio.
Turning off the TXs on one station then allows the other station to TX the 2 channels with the use of only 1 TX antenna. No combiner required.
Each station must still get an RX signal and that could be done with 1 antenna and a splitter.
There is a bi-directional log periodic available that might proove useful in this particular application. Could also use the Shure UA860SWB omni antenna.

less than 100' from the base I never use anything more than the whips which come with the base when I am using 1 base.   If you are not interfacing to a wired comm system be sure to terminate the loop between the bases.  You cannot connect them 4-wire, just connect with a single XLR A-A and set bases on RTS.  If you want to use the WTA connect the link jacks with a short Cat5.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 07:00:04 AM »

less than 100' from the base I never use anything more than the whips which come with the base when I am using 1 base.   If you are not interfacing to a wired comm system be sure to terminate the loop between the bases.  You cannot connect them 4-wire, just connect with a single XLR A-A and set bases on RTS.  If you want to use the WTA connect the link jacks with a short Cat5.
The receivers are on a table and I do need more than 100' of range. The Shure omni should be fine to get the antennas up above the crowd.
Interfacing to a wired system that will provide termination.
May or may not need the WTA option but would like to have it available.

Thanks Pete.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 07:00:04 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.