ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Itech/MA vs Lub Gruppen FP/similar model  (Read 3082 times)

Her Xiong

Itech/MA vs Lub Gruppen FP/similar model
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:31:52 AM »

What are your guys' thoughts on the Itech/MA and Lab Gruppen on SRX722/728?  I was able to use the Itech/MA on 722/728 and these two amp made my SRX come alive.  Clean smooth top and tight beefy bottom end.    I've heard the Lab Gruppen FP series on some EAW at an event and it was nice and clean but I wasn't too impress on the low end (maybe it was the 15" the guy was using).    I'm looking for better amp to power my rig so looking for all feedback and suggestion.

Jay Marr

Re: Itech/MA vs Lub Gruppen FP/similar model
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 09:46:17 AM »

What are your guys' thoughts on the Itech/MA and Lab Gruppen on SRX722/728?  I was able to use the Itech/MA on 722/728 and these two amp made my SRX come alive.  Clean smooth top and tight beefy bottom end.    I've heard the Lab Gruppen FP series on some EAW at an event and it was nice and clean but I wasn't too impress on the low end (maybe it was the 15" the guy was using).    I'm looking for better amp to power my rig so looking for all feedback and suggestion.

I use itechs on my sSRX722/728 and I think they sound outstanding.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 10:44:30 AM »

Hmong, are you still powering your rig with the same amps you were using one of the other times you've asked about amps for your system?

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 11:08:18 AM »

I don't think anybody can tell you if a Lab Gruppen would sound better on your SRX than an ITech or if an ITech would sound better on EAW than Lab Gruppen. Provided you are comparing apples to apples.

Both make very good amps. Comes down to personal preference and which is best represented in your area. Go with the one where you can get the best price and customer service.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 12:07:52 PM »

Use the amps that provide the latest processing for your speaker system.  While Lab Gruppen makes nice amps, you can't get JBL's V5 processing.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 12:11:06 AM »

Hmong, are you still powering your rig with the same amps you were using one of the other times you've asked about amps for your system?

-Ray

He also did not follow up with either post.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Her Xiong

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 11:26:07 AM »

He also did not follow up with either post.

Sorry been busy but yes I'm still powering my rig with the PLX 3602. After hearing the Itech on my SRX, I like to switch over to some better amp. 

Thanks all for the reply.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 12:05:59 PM »

Sorry been busy but yes I'm still powering my rig with the PLX 3602. After hearing the Itech on my SRX, I like to switch over to some better amp. 

Thanks all for the reply.

If the amp was an original I-Tech the processing is based on the dbx 4800.  If it was an I-Tech HD the processing is BSS London (and is required for V5 tunings of JBL products).

If you used an official JBL preset for your SRX boxes, know that *everything* about that preset was done to make your speakers perform.

Really, it's very simple.  If you're happy with V4 you can buy original I-Techs.  If you're using the newest SRX models you will find no V4 tunings and original I-Techs won't help you much (other than being a good sounding amp) therefore.

The other thing about original I-Techs is the cost of repairs at the Crown factory.  Plan on $400-$600 per unit if you need factory service.

You can't get official JBL presets for Lab Gruppen amps and considering who owns LG now, I wouldn't expect Harman to be in a cooperative mood.

I see you as having 2 options:  buy I-Tech HD and stay under the Harman/JBL/Crown umbrella or sell you SRX speakers and purchase a speaker system for which Lab Gruppen can use the speaker manufacturer's preset files and buy the Labs.

I get the impression you can buy Labs cheaper than you can purchase I-Tech HD and that's why you keep coming back with the same questions, both posted and via PM.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 12:05:59 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.