ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL VRX 932 versus EV QRX 212 for purely sound quality  (Read 5479 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: JBL VRX 932 versus EV QRX 212 for purely sound quality
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 02:38:10 pm »

On our QRX212 two per side we have the horns rotated so there is an outer and an inner. We have them marked on the back and still gap them in the front about a fist width.

I have mine with about a fist between the fronts too, biamped with tunings from EV for my DSP and normal horn position.

I used the SMAART Spectrograph outdoors with them elevated 4' and walked the mic back and forth 10' out and adjusted for the least damage.
No changes in over 10 years.

Biamping them made a huge improvement. Perhaps getting the EV processor would be even better?

To the OP, get the right processor (not an old discontinued bottom of the pro line) and power them per JBL. Don't try to fake it. You can't do it by ear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Re: JBL VRX 932 versus EV QRX 212 for purely sound quality
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 08:27:40 am »

To the OP, get the right processor (not an old discontinued bottom of the pro line) and power them per JBL. Don't try to fake it. You can't do it by ear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spot on. V5 processing on the VRX is a completely different speaker. Zero chance you will get it close on your own. We own itech12k HD amps and the difference between the old presets and the v5 is like a major speaker upgrade. Especially with the VRX.

Grey box/black box processing is just at a point where if you use JBL you get far better sound out of v5. Likewise when we used EAW KF650's the difference between our dialed in processing and the UX8800 Grey box was like upgrading several levels on sound quality. The limiting alone can be worth the money in saving you blown speakers, but I have found BE's and rental clients are always happy with the rig on grey box settings.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.